clever boy

The young Indoraptor ran through the dry dirt and dense trees. He weeved and bobbed around the trees, trying to avoid the juvenile Allosaurus that was chasing him. It busted through one of the small trees he had just leaped over a few seconds ago. He ducked under a fallen log and ran towerds the tree line. He could hear the Allosaurus run over the log and snap at his tail. He continued to run until he reached the tree line. He suddenly stopped, turned to face the Allosaurus. "Got cha." He chuckled as a female Velociraptor jumped onto the juvenile Allosaurus's right side and ripped into its flesh. Its screached in pain before the Indoraptor jumped towerds it's throat and clung onto it. The Allosaurus thrashed around trying to get him off but it was no use. The Allosaurus fell onto it's left side, gasping for air. With a quick slice to the throat, the Allosaurus was dead. The Indoraptor stood up and barked at the Velociraptor. "Good job mom!" "No, you did a better job my clever little trickster." The Velociraptor and Indoraptor rubbed snouts and began to feast on the dead Allosaurus. They ravinesly ripped its organs to pieces and consumed them. It was only a matter of time before this body attracted unwanted attention. They could already hear the sounds of loud footsteps and roaring coming from the distance so they had to eat and run. After they had eaten enough and taken some of the meat with them, they ran towerds a denser part of the forest. The loud roars of the larger creatures still putting them on edge. They both finally get back to their nesting sight. A small nest surrounded by dirt, leave, and bark. Its well hidden and should make hiding fairly easy. In the mean time, they relax under the cool shade of the dense trees around the nest to avoid the sun. The Indoraptor was chewing on the arm bones of the Allosaurus, while his mother layed down on the nest. Although he was still young, the Indoraptor was getting smarter and smarter everyday. Learning new tricks and skills to help catch prey. He remembers a particular trick he liked. He would leave food half barried in the dirt, wait for a smaller creature to eat it, then jump out and catch them. Its a move of his that will be one of many he will use when it's time for him to strike out on his own. For now, he could use these tricks to find little snacks. He got up and barked to his mother. "Hey mom, I'm going to go to the small pond to try practice hunting, is that alright?" His mother looked skeptical at first, but she shrugged. "Alright, just make sure you don't go to far." "I wont." He ran towerds the small pond that was close to their nest, carrying a small chunk of meat. When he got there, he could already smell the air and know there was something coming. He placed the small bit of meat on the ground next to the pond, then barried half of it. It was only a matter of time before something came along, but not what he was expecting. Instead of seeing scavenger or something like that, instead he saw a young male triceratops with broken horns and a large gash on the left side of his body.