Training

The juvenile Scorpius followed her mother, far a head of her younger sister. She's not sure exactly what happened to the last born, but it didn't matter to her; no scales of her back. Her mother kept trotting infront infront of both of them, while she kept following along with little issue.
Suddenly her mother crouched down and growled slightly. The young Scorpius crouched behind her and sniffed the air. Her stunted snout couldn't pick up much, but she did smell something interesting. It smelled large, and there was more then one sent. Her mother crawled along the forest floor like some sort of legged serpent. The young one followed closely behind her, almost forgetting about her younger sister who was struggling to keep up. Their mother finally stopped and rattled her tail spikes ever so slightly. Only a few seconds later she pounced and leaped onto something small and extremely fleshy. She pulled her snout out of the freshly killed animal and realized it was one of those small, furry creatures the humans kept around.
The juvenile quickly ran up from behind her mother and ate the kill, while her younger sister only grabbed at its bizarre, fluffy tail. Soon their mother raised her head up and growled. There was something there with them. Suddenly a loud bang went off and the juvenile Scorpius's younger sister was blown to pieces! Chunks of her flesh splattered onto her older sister. The remaining juvenile screamed before her mother picked her up and ran into the forest. The juvenile's brain was spinning out of control! What was that thing!? Why did it just kill her younger sister!? How did it make her explode!? Her mother just kept running until she reached a large river. She put her youngling down before sniffing the river. She had completely forgotten her reason for coming here, and that reason was to find that smaller golden striped creature. Unfortunately one of her offspring had been killed becuase of her foolishness. No matter, she could always just make more of they all died out. She picked up her last hatchling before moving into the trees, still on the hunt for the black beast.

The young Triceratops ran through the bushes without a care in the world. His mother wasn't far behind him, so he didn't worry about any of the local predators. He continued to run around until he finally spotted something. It had an orange body, and round-ish head and long legs. As it creeped closer he got a better look at it, and to his shock it was one of those orange monsters his herd had seen a few weeks ago! However, this one was different. It only had one arm, and it looked like it hadn't eaten in days. The beast leaped towerds him and pinned him down faster than he could even react! Before he knew it, everything went dark and his body went limp. His mother was too late, and by the time she realized what had happened the creature had already dragged his body into the trees. His corpse would feed the once proud pack leader well, atleast well enough for her to get her straight back. She ate the prey quickly and raised her head up. Varan would get her revenge on the black monster who stole her pack if it was the last thing she'd ever do.