Seperation

It had been a few more months, and Ripper has grown to his adult size now. Blue sat in the corner of their new nest in the ice covered terrain. She shivered before getting up.
"Ripper, son, I can't take this weather, I'm moving south.'" She said suddenly. "What?" "I have to go, I can feel a second presents within, and they probably won't survive here either."
"What do you mean? We have plenty of food here, and more than enough territory." Shrike said.

"I know, but I simply can't deal with this weather. You all have size or fluff to deal with the cold, but I need to move down south. Not too far south, but just enough to where the little one I now carry can survive"
"I-I can't leave leave territory...and I'm not moving all the way down south again."

"It's alright, but promis me that you'll take care of your pack, as I tried to do mine." Blue looked out into the slowly rising sun.
"Take care, Ripper." She ran south, as Ripper and the rest of the pack watched as her shape got harder and harder to see, until she disappeared.

The rest of the pack sat down as the snow began to fall harder and harder. "The cold is starting to become unbearable." Shrike growled as the now teenaged Scorpius sat next to her for.

Salou shook the snow off of her back and stretched. "Yeah, this snow-fall is getting worse and worse the longer we stay here."
"So what do you two suggest?" "As much as I don't want to say this, we need to move, preferably somewhere south."

"Yeah, we could meet up with Blue again. She's more experienced than any of us." Ripper grunted as he got up.

He sniffed the air. The snow was making it far too difficult to track much of anything, so he made the most logical decision.
"Alright, let's get moving." Him and the pack began to move south where the oncoming blizzard wasn't as bad.

The pack could barely see anything in the weather they were induring at the moment. Shrike huffed in annoyance as snow flew into her eyes and nostrils.

"Just-just abit further, and we'll be able to rest...for a little while anyway." Ripper said.. The teenage Scorpius wasn't having much trouble moving through the thick snow due to her longer legs and larger feet, but she had no idea where she was going, so she had to stick by Ripper, so was only about two feet behind her.

Salou was large enough to walk through the snow if she raised her legs high enough, but Shrike had the most trouble.
She wasn't large enough, nor strong enough to compete with the blizzard's wind. She was slowly starting to lag behind.

"W-wait for m-me!" She roared as the group had gotten so far ahead she could barely see them. Salou turned her head and saw Shrike struggling through the thick snow.
"M-maybe we should wait for her!" Ripper turned and saw Shrike stumbling through the snow.
He had to make a choice. Wait for Shrike to catch up, or continue trying to find shelter.

"Fine, we'll walk abit slower, but we can't wait on her!" Ripper and the Scorpius slowed down abit as Salou began to catch up.

The blizzard began to die down, but as it did Salou turned around, and didn't see Shrike.
"Shrike! Shrike!" She roared. She could hear Shrike's faint calls beyond the misty cloud of snow. "Shrike!" Salou was leading Shrike towards her using her calls, but little did she know, she was attracting someone else as well.

Suddenly something large slammed into Salou. She let out a loud distress call.
"Ssshh." The creature said as it stood over here. It only took her a moment to realized who it was. It was her old pack leader, Varan!

She hissed and bit Varan on her left leg.
Varan backed away and growled.
"Y-you!" Salou growled. "Yes..me. It's been a while. I've been thinking about you, all of you ever since you left me for dead after that monster took over the pack."

"If you're trying to get revenge don't even try. The rest of the pack are already on their way." Varan snorted.
"Doesn't matter." She leaped into the air and landed on Salou.
She ripped into Salou's snout with her good arm, and her teeth. Salou managed to dig her footclaw into Varan's stomach kicked her off.

Varan growled as Salou got up.
"It's just you and me, you're pack won't come..." Varan growled before charging Salou again.