Observations

Celine and Alexander stood a few hundred yards away from an impressive stone manor, waiting for Ciel and Sebastian to arrive. Celine paced back and forth, wearing a faint path into the soft grass.

"Stop pacing, you're making tracks." Alexander repeated himself for the third time. He glanced up at the slowly darkening sky with his blond hair falling in his face from the gentle wind.
Celine promptly ignored him as she continued to walk back and forth in deep thought. Her platinum blonde hair was in an intricate braid and pinned into a high bun. She wore a small, glittering tiara adorned with small sapphires and her dress was cream coloured silk with long sleeves.
The bodice of Celine's dress had an overlay of lace, and her white boots went up to her knees. Her silver pistol was in a sheath on her thigh, covered by her dress. Victoria insisted that she wear white, for it was the colour of purity. Celine just felt like a sparkly wad of cotton. She felt a rush of air, and turned around. She saw Sebastian placing a disgruntled Ciel on the ground.

"Is this where the children are?" Ciel demanded impatiently. "We checked the actual workhouse and found nothing." Celine stared at the young Earl thoughtfully. She abruptly turned on her heel and began to run towards the manor.

"What are you doing?" Ciel called. Sebastian watched the paired in an inquisitive manner.

"I'm running towards the manor. What does it look like I'm doing?" She shouted, looking back at her cohort.

"It looks like you're about to do something incredibly stupid." Alexander's accented voice sounded beside her, and Celine stopped dead in her tracks.

"And why do you care?" She countered, her eyes glaring at him questioningly.

"Because your brother told me to look after you." He stated simply. Celine's eyes darkened.

"He's no brother of mine. The Elijah I remember would have commended me on not getting caught when I went back to the circus, not scold me like a child." She spat, and pushed past Alexander.

"Well, you are a child." Alexander muttered, and walked quickly after her.

Celine walked angrily yet swiftly towards the large door wooden door that was barely lit. She raised a ebony gloved fist to knock on the door, which was swiftly pulled open. She let out a startled gasp, and looked into a pair of regretful amethyst orbs. A knot of foreboding twisted in her stomach and her hands were clammy. Her mouth was dry as cotton as she struggled to find words.

"Good evening, Celine." Joker gave Celine a small, regretful smile. 'Stop looking at him!' She mentally scolded herself, hoping that he couldn't see that she staring intently at his handsome face. Alexander was by Celine's side almost instantly, placing himself ever so slightly in front of her, and glared at Joker.

"Don't use such familiarities." Alexander snarled venomously. "It's 'Your Majesty' or 'Milady' to you." He crossed his arms, and towered slightly over Joker. Joker chuckled softly and bowed.

"Of course, sir." He rose from his bow and stared into the depths of Celine's cerulean eyes regretfully. "I apologise for my words, Your Majesty." He opened the door to allow the group entry, and ushered them to a pitch black foyer. Joker snapped his fingers, and candles were lit. Doll body parts were hanging from the ceiling, the chandelier, and tied to picture frames on the wall. Celine and Ciel both yelled in alarm. Her slender hand grasped Ciel's. Her urge to flee was growing exponentially with every step. Ciel cleared his throat, his pale cheeks glowing a faint pink. Celine glanced down at their clasped hands.

"Sorry!" She hastily shoved Ciel away, and returned her attention back to the lovely face of Joker.

"This way." Joker led them up a flight of stairs. Ciel and Celine walked side by side, not speaking until she tugged on his sleeve.

"Alexander says that the children are still alive. Should we kill them and rescue the children or wait to catch them red-handed?" Celine whispered to Ciel. Ciel thought for a moment before replying.

"Wait. If the children are alive it would be better to catch them in the act. And if we don't completely understand his goals or the situation, we'll have nothing to report to Her Majesty." Joker began to chortle softly.

"Well, they always say to never judge a book by its cover; and you two are the perfect example." He turned around and glanced sadly at Ciel.

"That such a small person lives under the title of "The Watchdog of the Queen" and "The Evil Nobleman." Joker smiled sadly at Ciel. "That's got to be hard, Smile." Ciel's eye hardened as he stared at the flame haired and amethyst eyed man.

"I am Earl Ciel Phantomhive; a mere servant will not speak to me with such familiarities." Joker gave a soft snort, and shrugged his shoulders.

"Of course. You are a noble after all." He opened a large door, "This way." And placed Celine at the head of the table and Ciel to her right. "We have prepared dinner for you." Joker stalked to a door opposite the table and stood outside of it. "They have arrived."

A wheelchair rolled out, flanked by two stoic children. They were pushing a man who's face was bandaged; a single bulging eye, his nose, and a wide gaping mouth were all that could be seen.

"Earl Phantomive." He breathed. "It's amazing to have you so close to me!" His mouth stretched into a grin, and Ciel stiffened. Celine looked incredulously at the man and took a deep breath.

"I assume you're Baron Kelvin." She said slowly, analysing the man. He turned his attention to her, and smiled even more.

"Yes." He breathed, and stared intently at Celine. "Though it's a bit strange to be so formal." Kelvin added meekly.

"For you, we have prepared a wonderful feast." Joker wheeled in with a cart with two wine bottles on it.
"For Her Highness, a wine selected from the year of her birth, 1874." Joker uncorked the bottle and poured its contents into Celine's glass. "And for Earl Phantomhive, a wine selected from the year of his birth, 1875." Joker poured the wine into Ciel's glass.

"I feel as though I am showing off." Kelvin chuckled nervously. Sebastian eyed Kelvin suspiciously, and swiftly picked up the glass and raised it to his lips, sipping its contents.

"There seems to be no trace of poison." And surprisingly, he did the same to Celine's wine.

"I have no intention of eating food served by a rat so there is no need to check for poison." Ciel stated, and Celine nodded in agreement while staring at the children who were currently serving the food.

"It looks like there are more victims that weren't included in the police file." Celine frowned. "But their appearance.."

"Are you bored, Earl and Princess?" Without waiting for their answer, Kelvin continued. "Joker, prepare that for me." Joker's eyes widened fearfully.

"B-but-"

"Just do it!" Baron Kelvin ordered, his one bulging eye glaring at Joker.

"Yes.." He choked out. Celine and Ciel looked at each other, and back to the stage. The curtain had risen. A line of children stood in full costume, each with a different mask. Celine's hands grew clammy and her mouth went dry.

'Please don't let this be what I think it is.' She prayed silently, her hands shaking slightly. Joker slammed the butt of his cane against the floor, and raised it in the air, twirling it between his fingers.

"Welcome, Earl Phantomhive and Her Royal Highness, Princess Celine. Tonight, I will show you a world of pleasure that will leave you dazzled." Baron Kelvin clapped fanatically, his mouth stretched into a macabre grin.