Scars

[NOT FULLY EDITED]

"Nobody looks good in their darkest hours. But it's those hours that make us what we are."

William leapt from rooftop to rooftop, searching frantically for the Undertaker's small shop. He stops, and glances at the girl in his arms. He brushes a lock of platinum bloodstained hair out of Celine's face. Her breathing was short and shallow, barely clinging to life. Will drops down from the roof top, and checks to see if I he's at the right destination. He knocks twice on the door, and it creaks open slowly.

"Why is someone needing my help at this hour? Can't it wait 'till morning?" Grumbles Undertaker. The former death God brushes his hair out of his face, and looks William in the eye.

"Why are you here?" Undertaker says, cautious. William fumbled with his glasses, and holds up the girl in his arms, and Undertaker's eyes widen.

"Celine..." He sighs out her name, as if scolding a child. He pushes up his sleeves, and opens the door wider.

"Is she.....?"

"No. She's been holding on, and she wasn't on the To Die list." Will briefs.

"Come, let's get you cleaned up, Will. Did the butler get you?" He cackles, motioning to my bloodstained shirt and coat. "That's a lot of blood." He continues laughing as he soaked a washcloth with antiseptic.

"It's not mine. It's Celine's. She's been stabbed in the stomach, a cut on her face, and a broken arm." William murmurs, his eyes momentarily losing their steely glare.

The smile on Undertaker's face was wiped clean, and replaced with a somber expression. He puts the rag down, begins cleaning off the embalming station, and beckons William over when he finishes with table. Will gently places Celine on the table, and they begin taking off her bloodstained dress. The dress was stained a dark purple from the amount of blood from her wounds. Soon the air was stagnant with the metallic scent of blood. When the dress was finally pried off, the pair noticed that her body was covered in pale white scars, ranging from a few millimeters to a few centimeters.

"Did Celine tell you about this? They're all over her!" Will exclaims softly.

He turns her over to clean off the blood, and to look for more scars. Sure enough, there was more.

"Look at this one.....It's a brand."

The brand was underneath her right rib cage. It had a pentagram surrounded with what looked like an angelic seal. William brushed his fingers across it, and Celine whimpered. He and Undertaker turned her over when the blood was cleaned up, and began focusing on her wounds. While Undertaker cleaned and stitched her stab wound, Will cleaned up the wound on her face. Celine seemed to be in shock from blood loss. He glances over at Undertaker, who appeared to be deep into his work. His face seemed neutral, but his eyes held something else.

'Compassion, maybe? Celine's just a human. She seemed to be different from the others though. Not as small minded, or self centred?' William shook his head, and busied himself with his work once more.

Undertaker tied and cut the string, finishing the last stitch.

'She's gonna be in pain for a while, but thankfully her stomach and intestines were unharmed.' He steps back, and grabs a clean washcloth.

After thinking for a bit, and Undertaker stitched up the cut on her face. It stretched from underneath her eye to her lips. When he finished that, Undertaker cleaned the blood off her chin, neck, and hands.

"Was she coughing up blood when you got there?" He breaks the silence, and William sighed.

"Yes, when I got there, she was barely conscious, lying in a pool of her own blood. But, when I retrieved her while the devil was busy, she was barely conscious."