Frenemies?

~Picture of Alexander~

"I want to get my sight back." Celine blurted through her fingers; instantly regretting her words. "I'm sorry, I know it's far fetched, but-" Alexander placed his finger over her lips, silencing her instantly.

"It's alright. I can try, its the least I can do. But you'll have to trust me." He removed his finger, put his finger under her chin, and tilted her head upwards. Alexander's teal blue orbs studied Celine's aquamarine ones. He smiled gently, and pulled away. "Your eyes still have their colour, so we have a chance of saving your sight. We'll have to change your diet though and get some eye drops."

"What do you mean change my diet?!" Celine shrieked. "I eat the right amount thank you very much!"

"It's not that you eat too much; it's quite the opposite in fact." Alexander muttered, and she scowled. "You need to eat better. For example," He picked up a white China plate with chocolate frosting on the fork. "No more sweets." Her jaw dropped, and she gaped in a very unladylike fashion.

"If you want my help, you're going to have to follow my rules. No sweets, more vegetables." He ordered matter-of-factly. Celine sighed in defeat.

"Fine. Chef Higharm is the head chef. He usually makes all of my food. Go talk to him about the changes." She dismissed Alexander with a wave of her petite hand.

"I'm elated that you've decided to accept my help, Your Highness. I'll do my best not to disappoint you." He smiled brightly, and walked to the door.

"Celine."

"What?" He turned around, and frowned.

"Call me Celine. I was just extremely upset when I learned of your arrival. I'm not one for formalities, just say that when my mother is in the room. She'll throw a hissy fit if you don't." She joked lightly, and gave a small smile.

"Thanks for the warning, Celine." Alexander turned the crystal doorknob, and left the room. Celine walked over to the bell rope, and pulled again.

Within minutes, Ambrosia had dressed and redid Celine's hair. The two had a light conversation, nothing more than what was socially acceptable between mistress and servant.

"Her Majesty is throwing a ball tonight. She wishes for you to stay up here or in the library with your studies or work. Supper will be brought up and a bath as well later on." She spoke softly as she finished buckling Celine's shoes, and dismissed herself from the room.

"Ambrosia, please send Elijah up here. I wish to have a word with him."

"Yes, Your Highness." She shut the door with a snap, and Celine jumped up from the chair she was currently residing in. She grabbed the closest thing to her; which was her teacup and saucer, and threw it on the ground angrily. The fine pink chinaware shattered on the floor, and the tea stained the carpet. She paced around the room, further breaking the porcelain.

"Wonderful. Alone on my birthday again. Nothing's better than being left out of all the fun on your birthday." She yelled, hoping Victoria heard her furious rants. Celine continued to pace until a knock broke her from her raving.

"What?!" She snarled. There was a stunned chuckle from the other side, and Elijah opened the door. His black hair was neatly combed; he donned a midnight blue cravat and an ivory shirt. His slacks were also midnight blue, and his shoes were freshly polished.

"I just wanted to see how're you're doing, that's all." Elijah chuckled again, and sat down in Celine's vacant chair. He looked at the stained carpet and shattered chinaware on the ground. "What happened? Are you hurt?" He rose out of the chair and grabbed her arms. She swatted aimlessly, and pulled away.

"I'm fine." She spoke tautly, trying to hide her emotions. Celine turned on her heel, and put her back to Elijah. She subconsciously tapped her foot; and sighed.

"No you're not. You only tap your foot when you're upset." He pointed out, smirking. "Just tell me and I can try to help you fix it."

"Mother won't let me go to the ball tonight, and I'll be all alone." Celine's normally orotund voice was barely a whisper. Elijah smiled sympathetically, rubbed her back soothingly.

"Don't worry, it'll end around midnight. I'll spend time with you then." He captured her in a tight embrace. "Besides, Aunt Vic invited a couple people to keep you company tonight. They'll keep you company while you work and maybe help."

"Is one of them Lord Phantomhive?" She inquired, rubbing her watery eyes. Celine pulled away, and straightened out her dress.

"I think so. I know one of them is your cousin. David, I think. No.......Derrick! That's his name." Elijah replied, and looked at the shattered china again. "I'll send someone up to clean the mess, you go practice your French or something."

"Mais je ai maîtrisé français déjà!**" She panicked comically, pulling at her two braids desperately.

"Then go learn Spanish. I'm pretty sure Alexander can teach you some simple phrases." He left the room, chasing after a house-maid.

"Wait, how can I do work? I'm blind you idiot!" She yelled down the hallway. Elijah stopped, and thought it over.

"I'll talk to Ash about that. Er.....Listen? I don't know, you're smart, you can figure something out." He continued to chase after the frightened maid, leaving Celine alone in her room. She pulled the ribbons from her hair, and combed through it with her fingers.

'Derrick? I don't have a cousin named Derrick, do I?' She continue to think about who the Derrick person could be, and sauntered out of her room. She wandered around the manor until she found herself in the library. A loud clatter alerted her to another presence.

"Hello? Are you alright?" Celine called out uncertainly, not really wanting to run into Alexander.

"Celine? Wonderful! I was just about to go look for you, I bought the eye drops. We can start tomorrow if you like." He walked around the corner of a bookcase with a small glass bottle in his hand.

"I would like to start today; I'm not a very patient person." She responded monotonously, and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"Great!" Alexander exclaimed. Lean your head back, and open your eyes." He unscrewed the dropper, and placed of drop of the serum in each eye. "You know, I know of a way to get your sight back quicker." He whispered huskily, his breath tickling Celine's neck. Her breath hitched in her throat. "But I don't think your butler or your brother would approve."

"I don't care. What would I have to do?" Alexander grinned manically. His ice blue eyes burned fuchsia.

"Make a contract with me, and I'll make all your dreams come true."

Comment and Vote please!