Christmas Disaster

Celine sat idly on the expansive ballroom floor. Her platinum blonde hair was pulled into a perfect bun; she wore a black leotard with white tights, and her feet bare. She had abandoned her pointe shoes in her room. She sighed, and laid down on chilly marble floor. She winced slightly as her tender head grazed the floor. She had to endure two hours of her hair being pulled every which way by Ambrosia. Needless to say, they were not on speaking terms at the moment. Celine sighed, and closed her eyes.

"Why can't I have a normal birthday? One without my family dying and having to find missing children. Just a normal, happy birthday." She thought aloud. The ornate mahogany door swung open; Ash, a middle aged woman, and a young man walked into the ballroom.

"Your Highness, your acrobatics instructor are here. Meet Ms. Briony Downing and her son, Alexander." Celine shot up after hearing Alexander's name. She clenched her fists, and tried to keep her voice calm.

"Ash, I would like a word with you in private, please." She rushed forwards towards the door, but Alexander slyly tripped Celine. He grabbed her around the waist, and righted her.

"You ought to watch where you're going. Wouldn't want a pretty little thing like you getting hurt." His strange American accent only heightened Celine's anger.

"Let go of me! I don't want you of all people touching me." She spat, and smacked Alexander's hands away. She didn't wait for Ash to open the door, and threw it open. The large door swung back on its hinges; the crystal door knob smashing through the pale silver wallpaper. Celine stomped out in to the brightly lit corridor, and folded her arms against her slightly heaving chest. Ash apologised and bowed out of the room.

"What was that all about? That young man was trying to help you! You could have at least said thank you." He reprimanded quietly. Celine eyes burned with anger, and she stomped her foot.

"That young man murdered my family. It makes me sick thinking that he thinks that he could just come waltzing back in like nothing happened." Celine snarled. Ash's eyes softened, and he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"It's probably just a coincidence. Alexander is quite a common name in America you know."

"I don't care! I want them out of here!" Celine demanded. She didn't bother to keep her voice down.

"What with the yelling, Celine? And why are you touching her so freely, butler?" Elijah sauntered out of the library, his dark hair sticking up and his shirt rumpled and untucked. He glared at Ash, and walked towards Celine.

"I was trying to figure out why she threw a fit when she heard Alexander's last name. She even yelled at him when he helped her up." Ash responded.

"What is it?" Elijah inquired hesitantly, furrowing his brow.

"Downing. He's the man who murdered them." Celine hissed; her patience wearing thin. "And don't tell me that it's not him. He has blonde hair and blue eyes does he not? Just changing the way you speak doesn't change anything." Ash gaped in awe, while Elijah scoffed.

"I have to see this for myself. I'll bet you that it's not even him. If it is, I'll get you whatever you want and I'll do whatever you want to do all day." He joked.

Celine smirked deviously. "You've got yourself a deal, brother." The two shook hands, and Elijah walked into the ballroom. Inside he saw Alexander calming his sobbing companion.

"It's alright." He cooed, and rubbed her back. His blonde hair was gently tousled from his hat, and his blue cravat was rumpled from the crying woman. Elijah's sapphire eyes widened.

"Dammit. Hello, Alexander." He said quietly. "I see you're doing well."

"Murder any other families lately? Or I was the only one to be graced with your presence this time last year?" Celine navigated her way to Elijah's side, and clutches his arm. Her cerulean orbs were filled with hatred and fury. The butterflies in her stomach fluttered out of control, and her knees shook.

"I've changed, Celine. Please see that." Alexander pleaded. His soft features were graced with a mixture of remorse and fear.

"That's 'Your Highness' to you! And for your information, Downing, I can't see. You and your goons at that hellhole made sure of that. Now get the hell out of here before I call for the guards." Celine growled.

"I've changed, Your Highness. I hope you'll forgive me for what I did in my youth. I'm a changed man, and I'll do whatever I can to make it up to you." Alexander begged, releasing the crying woman.

"Come on Ellie, give him a chance. You were all about forgiveness last year."

"Well that was last year. I've changed. I'm wise enough to not make those mistakes again." Celine lifted her head, and let go of Elijah's arm. "But I am willing to give you a chance on one condition." Alexander's face lit up, and he smiled.

"Anything." He breathed, and straightened out his blonde hair.

"I want you teach me how to speak like an American." Elijah gaped and Ash stared.

"Why?" They said in unison.

"Downing, cover your ears. Both of you." Celine ordered. She waited a few moments. "Did they cover their ears?" She inquired impatiently.

"Yes. But what I don't understand is why you want to learn to speak like an American." Elijah stated.

"If I'm going to be undercover, I should be inconspicuous as possible. I could pose as an orphan from America or something. I'll work the details out later." She sighed, and smirked deviously. "Now, about our little deal. I want to go where we talked about yesterday, but with out a carriage. I don't want to be seen." Elijah groaned, and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Where do you want to go?" Ash asked, frowning.

"I want to visit the Lockwood Manor, but Elijah said no." Celine pouted, and laughed.

"Well, for once, I agree with him." Ash shrugged his shoulders. "Your mother said it was off-limits to you anyways."
Celine's jaw dropped; she huffed angrily, and called for a housemaid to lead her to her room.

"This deal better not backfire." She sighed into her hands, and looked up as her large white door clicked open.

"Ambrosia? Is that you?"

"No, Your Highness. It's me, Alexander." His voice silvery voice breaking the blissful silence. Celine gasped, and tried to cover up her legs.

"It's not proper for you to be in here! Especially when I'm barely dressed!" She spluttered, her eyes full of fear. All respectable young ladies have reputations to uphold, and Celine needed to uphold of the little reputation she had left.

"I know, but I'll be quick. I had a feeling earlier that you wanted to add another part to our deal." He said quickly, covering his eyes. She sucked in a breath, and blushed profusely.

"It doesn't matter. You're not a doctor so you wouldn't have been able to help me anyways." She mumbled, her blush growing brighter by the second.

"Well, I'm not a doctor yet. While I've been trying to fix all that I've done in the past I've been going to school to become a doctor. Just tell me, I won't laugh." He pressed, his voice becoming softer.

"I want to get my sight back."

Comment and Vote please!