However you Please

~The next day~

The rain had stopped, but dark threatening clouds were still lingering overhead. Ciel Phantomhive and Celine Windsor were sitting under an umbrella, on the shore of a lake, deep in conversation.

"Do you think it's just a major hoax to get us off his trail?" Came the soft voice of Celine.

"Maybe, but if there is in fact a demon hound, what are we to do?" The authoritative voice of Ciel rang out. Shouts of laughter came from the three servants, Mey-Rin, Bard, and Finnian. Ciel narrowed his sapphire eye. "I don't see how that looks like fun. You're splashing around in dirty water for the fun of it." Celine smirked, her long slender fingers tapping on the table.

"Sometimes the simplest of things can be the most entertaining." She mused. Her butler, clad in white, appeared at her side. Sebastian walked up from behind Ciel, and eyed Ash suspiciously. Ash bent down, and whispered something in her ear. Celine's eyes widen, then narrow.

"Nous allons y arriver immédiatement." (We'll get there immediately) Ciel notices, and scowls.

"What's going on?" He demanded. Celine held up her hands in a calming motion. The servants return from the water, eyes bright.

"Ash has just informed me that there seems to be a riot in the center of town, and Lord Barrymore seems to be the instigator." She stood up, and walked towards the village. The three servants ran up to the table, sopping wet and eyes bright. After the trio dried off, they waited for their orders.

"Come." Ciel ordered from over his shoulder, and caught up with Celine. The two small adolescents returned to their conversation. Ash, Sebastian, Mey-Rin, Bard, and Finnian followed, chatting animatedly amongst themselves.

Meanwhile, Sebastian and Ash are side-eyeing and glaring at each other.

"Look! they've found the bad dog! It was James's!" A man shouts, pushing between Ciel and Celine. Celine scoffs, and Ciel glares.

"Are you all right, Young Master?"

"Yes. I want to see what this 'punishment' is." He begins walking, and Celine follows. A large crowd was gathered around a dog chained to a wall. "It has something in his mouth! make him spit it out!" A burly man picks up a large stick, and advanced on the dog. Finnian whimpered.

"Sebastian, go look for information."

"Ash, can you go help him?"

"Yes, my Lord."

"Yes, your Highness." Celine's eyes narrow, and Ash chuckles. They leave, leaving the two children with the three servants.

Ash and Sebastian leave, their footsteps slowly fading. Guttural growls of dogs can be heard from all around.

"What's going on?"

"They're about to punish a dog." Ciel explained. Celine held on to Finnian's arm, and listens. Underneath all the shouts and jeers, chanting of some sort could be heard. Finnian suddenly rips his arm away, and Celine stumbles after him.

"No! Finni!"

She regains her balance, and stands up. A hush came over the crowd, and Barrymore shouted.

"They interfered with our holy punishment! They too are bad dogs! Chain them up!" A pair of rough hands grabbed Celine's shoulders, and shoved her towards a wooden pole. Ropes were tied to her wrists, and her arms were pulled above her head.

"Well, look what we have here. The queens daughter, and the Watchdog." A man shouts, and the crowd laughs. His grubby hand cups her face, and she cringes away.