Old Habits

~Ok, this chappie has a touchy part. Not like..touchy, but a sticky topic for some people. But it's a major part of Celine's future, so..😐~

"I destroyed my body for a piece of mind I never got."

Elijah and Ash searched the charred rubble of the Lockwood Manor for any remnants of what had happened that night. There were few remains, but they would suffice.

"Are sure it was a good thing to lie to her?" Ash glanced at Elijah, who was on his hands and knees, looking through the rubble. He was wearing a simple beige tunic, and black peasant trousers with black work boots. The boots were dusted with soot, and he had two streaks on his pale, sculpted face.

"What Ellie doesn't know won't kill her." He stood up, and brushed off his trousers. Ash glared at him, and walked over to a staircase.

"Does this lead down to the basement?"

A somber look passed over Elijah's face, and nodded. It was the only thing perfectly preserved, so far. The pair walked down the rickety stairs, not saying a word. The last step was covered in scuff marks and blood, along with strange runes. Elijah payed them no mind, and gaped horrified at the scene before him. The bodies of his family were perfectly preserved. Tears of rage and torment could still be seen upon their faces. Elijah walked up to his father, and spat at his feet.

"It's all your fault. Every damn thing was your fault!" He looked over at his mother, and spat at her feet too. "And you, for letting him do this to her." Elijah looked back at Ash, and glanced down. It was the chair his sister was tied to and beaten.

"I don't understand; how is this still here?" He went to touch the chair, but it was blocked by an unseen force. "What the Hell?" He gestured to the chair, but Ash ignored him.

"If this has anything to do with your previous contract, and it has anything to do with Celine and what she is, I won't hesitate to kill you, Demon." Ash's lavender eyes narrowed, filled with hatred. Elijah's normally navy blue eyes burned fuchsia, and glared at Ash.

"You couldn't kill me even if you tried." Elijah scoffed, and lunged at Ash. Ash shoved him off, pushed Elijah to the floor, and put his sword to his throat.

"Try me."

-Meanwhile in London-

Ciel sat at the head of the table with Celine to his right and Lau to his left, with Soma all the way down at the other end.

"How long are you going to be staying here?" He cut his his steak, and put his cutlery down. Soma pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket, and unfolded it.

"I have to find this woman. She is very important to me." Ciel glanced at the pitiful interpretation, and beckoned Sebastian over.

"Do you think you could get any information out of this?" Sebastian took the drawing, and looked it over.

"My Lord, I don't think even I can make anything of this." Sebastian mused, smirking.

"Why are going through all this trouble for a servant? Just get another one."

Celine had just finished her meal, and dabbed the edges of her mouth with her napkin. Soma stared at her with disbelief, and curled his hands into fists. He threw his tea cup and saucer on the ground, and jumped up.

"Because she's the only person who's been with me since I was a child! My parents barely talked to me! You have no idea the despair and frustration I'm feeling-" Celine jumped out of her chair, her unseeing eyes shining with pure rage.

"You're right. I have no idea how it feels to lose something so important, and I don't care to." She spat, leaving everyone in awe. Celine left the room, her anger rolling off of her in waves. She ran down the corridor, and out to the balcony. The cold air greeted her by stinging her cheeks. Her eyes stung with unshed tears, and she wiped them away with the back of her hand. Celine slumped onto the ground, and put her head in her hands.