Noah's Ark Circus pt.1

"There is a passion in you that scares me."

"Form a contract with me, and I can make all your dreams come true." His warm breath made the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. Celine frowned, and moved away from him.

"What do you mean by 'contract'?" She inquired cautiously.

"A contract is formed when a human summons a demon, they create a set of goals or wishes, and when those goals or wishes are met, the payment is the human's soul." Alexander replied simply, snaking his arms around Celine's waist and pulling towards him once more. She struggled helplessly against his grip before replying.

"Wait, you actually think that demons exist? No wonder you and Elijah get along so well. You're both lunatics." She scoffed. "Elijah even said that he was a demon."

"If he wasn't a demon, then how could he have survived being impaled and then left for dead in a burning house?" He ran his finger down the centre of her back, stopping above her waist. She shivered from his touch, and ducked out of his arms. Her cheeks were covered in blush as she regulated her breathing.

"So he wasn't lying?" She whispered, eyes filled with horror. Alexander grinned.

"No he was not." He replied simply, the grin still plastered on his handsome face.

"Oh my God. So he wasn't joking! I was a complete arse to him!" She cried, running her fingers through her hair.

"So, about the contract." Alexander prompted. He circled around Celine, like an animal stalking its prey. The library door opened, and Ash poked his head in.

"Mr. Downing, do you know where-" He glanced at Celine. "Ah, never mind. Come along, you have lessons to attend to." Celine looked up at Alexander once more.

"As tempting as that offer is, I'm going to have to decline." She took Ash's waiting arm, and allowed herself to be escorted to her study.

"It's improper for you to be alone with an unmarried man unchaperoned. It could ruin your reputation." He scolded. Celine stared blankly ahead.

"Alexander is a demon, along with Elijah and Sebastian."

"What?" Ash stopped walking, and stared incredulously at her.

"You knew, didn't you? You wouldn't have said anything if it was someone else." She stated simply, shrugging her shoulders.

"And how did you figure that out?"

"He told me. He wanted me to form a contract, but I declined. I'm rather attached to my tainted soul."

-------------~Two weeks later~

After two weeks of no sweets or candies of any kind, Celine was at her wits end. She would lash out at anyone who crossed her path, and she was becoming quite rude. Everyday from 11 in the morning to around 5 in the afternoon Celine would practice with Alexander under the watchful eye of Ash. Her American accent was coming along well, Alexander told her numerous times just to be louder and it would be believable. Her sight hadn't improved, which didn't help her sour attitude. Celine had asked Elijah many questions about being a demon, some of which he down right refused to answer.

"So how does one become a demon?" Both she and Elijah were laying on the lush white rug in Celine's study. He stood up, and tapped her nose.

"Not telling." Celine groaned, and playfully punched his arm.

"Why not?" She whined, before laughing. She stood up and stretched; her sore muscles tightening in protest. Elijah grabbed her hands, and started waltzing her around the room.