Flowers?

Undertaker led Celine down to the parlour to explain what she would be working on. He turned around, not hearing her small footsteps on the stairs.

"Looking for me?" Celine chuckled. He glanced over his shoulder, and sees that she is already waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

"How did you get down there, Love?"

"Just walked past you while you looked for me." She murmured bluntly. He continued walking down the stairs, goes to the front of the store, and watches to see if she would follow.

"Wait! Where'd you go?" Celine panicked. He chuckled softly, walked back, and takes her by the arm.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear your footsteps so I assumed you left." A faint blush crept along her hollow cheekbones. Celine lowered her head, in hopes that platinum hair would cover the warmth on her face.

Undertaker laughed softly, and led her to the front of the store. Celine's legs wobbled as she walked. He slowly let go of her. She took one step, tripped, and crumpled to the ground. Celine's dress was still a bit big, so Undertaker could see her emaciated figure. Her back was covered in scars old and new, and what looked like a tattoo right under her rib cage.

'Damn, now you really look like a fool!' Celine mentally cursed. Feeling a draft on her back, she puts her hand to 'see' what it was. 'My brand. My scars.' She panics, and sits up abruptly. After quickly fixing her dress, Celine stands up.

"Sorry." She mutters, monotonously. Celine finds his arm, and the pair continues walking for a few feet before stopping.

"Here is where the majority of your day will take place." Explains Undertaker. Celine nods, letting him know that she understands.

"You'll be arranging the flowers for the coffins and corpses."

He chuckles and begins laughing. 'Is he making a fool of me? Am I a joke to him?! What's so funny anyway? Is there something on my face?!' Celine reaches up to her face, feeling for something abnormal, and discovers nothing.

"Oh, it's not you, Love. I was just laughing to my self."

'This man is insane.'

A look of uncertainty passed over Celine's face. Undertaker led her to the work table, and put her hands on the vases where the flowers were being held.

"Red at the beginning, and white at the end. All the flowers go from darkest to lightest." Undertaker grabbed a vase and set it down it front of her.

"Can you make something for me?"

Celine quickly began putting flowers into the vase, mixing a whirlwind of dark and light roses. She stepped back, with a thoughtful look on her face, and grabbed a handful of lilies, and put it in the center.

"Are you done already?"

"Yes."

She sounded so sure of herself, like she had done something like this before. Undertaker looked her display, and was amazed. The lilies and roses were alternating, going lighter in colour up to the center. It was simple, but breathtaking.

Comment and Vote please!!