Ablaze

WARNING: GORE

Joker led Celine up a flight of dimly lit stairs. The candle in his skeletal hand gave pieces of furniture and artwork wicked, monstrous shapes. The heels on both of their boots were the only sounds coming from the pair, and they walked in a tense, heavy silence. Millions of questions were bubbling on Celine's lips, but she couldn't bring herself to speak. As they reached the last step at the top of the stairs, Celine heard loud rustling sounds.

"What's that sound?" She tightened her grip on her pistol, fear and unease coursing like wildfire through her veins.

"It's nothing, Celine." He led her down the dimly lit corridor, saying nothing else on the matter. At the end of the corridor were two large double doors.

"What's behind those doors, Joker?" She said, cautiously; taking her gloves off and tossing them carelessly on to the wooden floor. Joker inhaled deeply.

"It's something made especially for you. Master Kelvin was thrilled when he discovered that you began working alongside Earl Phantomhive." He said simply, and pulled a large brass key out of his pocket. Celine stepped forward and shoved her pistol into Joker's back forcefully.

"That doesn't answer my question. Stop beating around the bloody bush and get on with it." She growled, glaring daggers at the amethyst eyed man. He snorted softly, and placed the key in the lock.

"Of course." He paused for a moment, and pulled a blood red, velvet sash from his coat. "But you have to wear this."

"And what if I don't want to?" Celine replied, placing her free arm on her small hip sassily.

"Do you want to see the children?"
Celine dropped her arm, and nodded; her lips set in a grim line. Joker walked behind her and placed the sash over her eyes. He tied it tightly. He turned back to the door, twisted the key, and unlocked the door. A cold draft blew out, and Celine felt goosebumps creep up her arms likes tiny spiders; a strange metallic and sterile smell wafted out of the mysterious room as well. Celine sniffed the air curiously. 'Where have I smelt this before?' She thought.

"This way." Joker steered her into the room. Strange noises could be heard from all over the room. Muffled sobbing, groans of pain, shuffling, and the soft drip, drip, drip of what Celine hoped was water. She heard Joker's footsteps leave from behind her.

"What are you doing?" Celine ordered, "if you try anything, I won't hesitate to shoot."

"Yes, you've made that quite clear." A different voice answered sarcastically. It was huskier than Joker's, and had a strange accent. The person speaking was breathing heavily in short, ragged breaths.

"Who the Hell are you?" Celine cried incredulously. She smacked her free hand to her forehead and groaned loudly. "I swear to God if one more bloody person shows up I'm going to scream." She muttered.

"What, you don't recognise me? I'm hurt, Celine. We've done numerous things together." The man spoke, feigning hurt.

"I'm wearing a blindfold you incompetent quim! I can't see a damn thing!"

"And that's the way it's going to stay. I don't want you to see anything you're not supposed to." Celine could practically hear the smirk creeping into his voice. Without thinking, she pointed her pistol towards where the man's voice was coming from, and pulled the trigger. There was a grunt of pain, followed by a bout of maniacal laughter.

"Joker, leave us. I wish to speak to our darling Celine in private." The man began to guffaw even louder as Joker left the room. The door clicked shut, and chills went up Celine's spine.
Her head was suddenly whipped to the side, which was followed by the crack of the man's palm connecting with the side of face. Her cheek stung and her eyes watered.

"Foolish child! You honestly believe that your pathetic toy could stop ME?" He roared, spittle flying from his mouth. Blood was oozing out of his wound in thick red stream. He wrenched the pistol out of her hand, and tossed it across the room, where it clanged and clamoured against something metal. There was yelp of pain, and all was silent except for the ragged breathing of the mysterious male. Celine's mouth opened and closed like a goldfish out of water.

"How dare you touch me?!" She spluttered, rage coursing through her veins like wildfire. 'Where the Hell is Alexander when I need him?' She thought angrily. Celine jerked her head out of the man's grip and tore the blindfold off.
The sight before her almost made her vomit. Multiple children were hanging from the ceiling with their innards spilling out of their mutilated torsos. Blood was all over the floor, and dripping from many of the bodies. She took a step backwards, and stepped on something that made a horrific squish. Trembling, Celine turned around slowly. She had stepped on the beaten skull of a little boy, and the heel of her boot had went through his eye. She fell to the blood and gore strewn floor and wretched violently. The man laughed maniacally from somewhere in the room.

"Shut the Hell up!" Celine croaked out before vomiting again. Her body was racked with violent tremors, and her throat burned. She wiped the sick off of her mouth with her sleeve, stood up, and took a deep breath.

"Alexander, I'm here." The man cackled even louder.

"You think that son of a bitch is going to help you?" He was gasping for air from laughing so much. "You didn't make a contract with him, did you?" Celine shook her head 'no'.

"Then he's not coming. You're as good as dead, princesa." The man stepped out of the shadows dramatically, a black cape billowing out behind him. His short white hair was slicked back, and his red eyes were cloudy. He wore a perfectly tailored suit, but the suit was drenched in blood. In his slender hands were bloody scalpels. Celine gasped in horror when she looked at the man's facial features. He had pearly wings protruding from his back, and his teeth were pointed and bloody.

"David?" Her cerulean eyes were wide. Celine had her hands over her mouth and stared in horror. "How are you alive? Alexander killed you! I saw him snap your neck!" David laughed humourlessly.

"That filthy demon can't kill an angel." Celine scoffed.

"Angel? You're kidding, right? My butler is an angel, and you look nothing alike." David arched a thick brow at the girl.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT! Just because we're the same species doesn't mean that we have to look alike." David shouted, and then his features contorted with rage. He lunged forwards, grabbed Celine by her throat, and pinned her to the floor.

"And don't you EVER compare me to that TRAITOR!" David's voice began to change. It had a blend of a woman's voice mixed in.

Celine gasped for air as David's grip tightened around her throat, crushing her windpipe. Tears flooded her eyes and streamed down her nearly blue face. 'Oh God, if you're even up there and listening to me, please don't let me die like this. Give me an honourable death.' She pleaded and prayed to a God she didn't even believe in, hoping to grasp at any thread that would get her out alive.
David took his hand off her throat, and cackled. He grabbed the tight bun at the top of her head and undid all the pins keeping it in place. He ran his bloodied fingers through her moonbeam coloured locks, staining strands of hair with blood. He yanked Celine roughly off of the ground by her hair, earning a yelp of pain.

"I'm not going to let you die that easily. You're going to feel every ounce of suffering and torture that your pathetic butler inflicted on me." David threw Celine to the ground. "I'm going to have you begging for death. And I'll gladly give it to you when I feel that I've had enough fun." He crooned, and kicked her in the stomach. Celine's small frame rolled across the floor. Her once pristine white dress was now soaked with blood and waste from the tortured children. She tried to stand up, but David kicked her again. She began coughing, and nearly cried out when she saw small spots of blood coating her hand. David was busy readying something, and his back was turned. Celine spotted a few of his scalpels lying on the floor close by, and inched her way towards them. Firmly grasping the scalpels, she ran towards David and stabbed him in the rib cage. He howled in pain. Blind rage took over the man as he took the scalpel out of himself, sliced at where ever he could reach, and plunged it Celine's chest. Everything seemed to slow down as Celine glanced down at her chest to see the scalpel sticking out of her heart. She was amazed at how her heart was still beating, and had wanted touch it. Her trembling hands grabbed the weapon, and with a sickening squish and crunch, pulled it out.