Partners?

Celine sat in the chair, letting all the information sink in. Shock was written all over her porcelain face, but anger was radiating off of her in waves.

"Are you all right?" Sebastian questions, caring a little bit.

"Yes. I'm perfectly fine." Celine says through clenched teeth. The door opened, and Ash Landers, the Queen's butler appeared.

"Her Majesty wishes me to-" He looks directly at Celine. "Celine! What happened?" Ash rushes over, putting his hand on her shoulder. Celine stiffens at his touch.

"Ash? Did you know I was adopted?" Anger and hurt rang in every syllable. Sighing, he kneels down in front of her and takes her face in his hands.

"Look at me. Calm down." Ash tries to soothe her, which makes things worse.

"I would if I wasn't blind! While you were off playing hooky, my so called family was murdered in front of me, and I was beaten and tortured for eight months! During that time I went blind! Do you think finding out that you're adopted from someone you barely know is calming?" Venom was laced in every word, and everyone in the room couldn't help but flinch.

"Come, we'll talk about this when we go home." Ash stands up, and takes Celine's hand.

The pair walks out of the Ciel's study, Sebastian's gaze fixated on Ash. His eyes were fuchsia, and his pupils were slits, like a cat. Ash took the stairs two at a time, causing Celine to stumble a few times.

"Not used to being blind?" He asks.

"No not really. I just can't run or walk too fast. Before we go to wherever 'home' is, I need to go to Undertaker's and pick up my things." They walk out of the front door, and Ash opens the carriage door, and lifts her into the carriage, and he climbs in after her. Celine is staring at me, her azure orbs staring into my lavender ones.

"I'm sorry for lashing out. I just-" Ash places a gloved finger over her lips, silencing her.

"It's all right. You had every right to. The horrors you've seen the last few months would make anyone upset." He rapped on the roof, to signal the driver to take them to Undertaker. The carriage lurched forward.

Celine averted her eyes down, a single tear escaping. She sniffled, and flung herself in Ash's arms.

"I miss them so much..."

She sobs into his chest. Ash wraps his arms around her small frame, holding her close. He strokes her head, occasionally playing with her pale waves.

After a while, Celine stops crying, and falls asleep. The carriage stops, and he picks her up. Ash steps out of the carriage. He walks into the death god's shop. Undertaker eyes him warily, until he sees Celine.

"I'll take her from here." He walks towards him, but Ash stops him. He begins explaining what occurred, and when Ash finished, Undertaker looks years older.

"Her room is up this way."

Undertaker leads Ash up the stairs and to the right. He opens the door, and all three of them walk in. Ash sets Celine down on the bed, and begins packing her things. He locates a loose floorboard, and pulls it up. Inside, Ash found her necklace, and some money.

Putting the last of Celine's belongings in her trunk, Ash gets the driver to put it in the carriage. Undertaker walks in, and leans against the doorframe.

"Make sure she doesn't over exert herself. She was stabbed a few days ago." A stony silence ensued.

"Well, I would say thank you for taking good care of her, but seeing as she's injured, I'm not." Rage flashed over Undertaker's face.