Terrors

Finnian opens the foyer door, rain dripping from his strawberry blonde hair.

"Did you find her?" Ash looks at the boy, and his eyes light up.

"Yeah! But, she ran away from me though. I couldn't catch her."

Running a hand through his hair, he closes his eyes.

"Can you show me where she was last?"

"Yeah! You may want to bring a lantern, though. It's going to be really dark!" He squeaks, and runs off to fetch one.

"We're coming with you." A voice demanded. Ash glances over his shoulder, and sees Ciel and Sebastian. He begins to object, but the boy glares.

He keeps a civil tongue, and turns around.

"Here's the lantern, Mr. Ash!" Ash fake smiles at the boy, and thanks him for the lantern. Shrugging into his over coat, and he grabs Celine's cloak.

"Let's go."

~Celine's POV~(flashback)

I awake from my slumber, and feel my arms and legs restrained. My heartbeat picks up, and I see the doctors filling a syringe with a reddish liquid. They walk over, and one of them smiles sadly.

"I'm sorry." Anger bubbles inside.

"No you're not. You could honestly care less about how I or the other children here feel. You people are just a bunch of sick bastards, doing whatever the hell you want with kidnapped children." I spat. I earned a slap, but I wasn't phased in the least. "Why slap me? You could just kill me now, yet you don't. Why don't you? Are you afraid? I'm just a child after all. There's nothing I can do. Are you weak?" His fist collided with my head, and his body shook with anger.

"Don't you talk to your elders in that way! Do you understand?!" He bellowed.

I smiled sweetly, and replied.

"Vous êtes un bâtard malade. J'espère que vous brûlez en enfer." (You are a sick bastard. I hope you burn in hell.)

His eyes widened, and he injected the serum in my arm. My eyes droop almost instantly, and my thoughts become slurred.

"You've left us no choice, girl. I had actually hoped it wouldn't come to this." His horrible voice was the last thing I heard before succumbing to the drug.

~end of flashback~

The group had been walking for about 30 minutes when Finnian stopped.

"This was the last place I saw her before she ran off."

Noticing Ash's expression, Finnian continued on.

"Lady Celine ran off in that direction."

Ash looked at Ciel, expecting him to make a smart remark, but he had nothing. He set off in that direction, and the group followed. They trudged along in the pouring rain, using the lantern to illuminate the ground.

"Is that her?" Ciel calls out from behind. The lantern illuminated a mess of pale hair.

"Celine!"

"Don't!"

Ash rushed over anyways, not caring. He sits her up, and pulls the sticks out of her hair.

"Celine. Celine answer me." He brushes leaves out her hair. Her eyes glaze over, and fill with fear, which turns to rage.

"Don't touch me!" Celine slaps his hand away, and scoots backwards. Her eyes were distant.