The Last Ceremony

Trembling with rage, Undertaker watches as Ash takes Celine away. It wouldn't be the same without her. To take his mind off of her, he begins to work on the last two victims of Jack the Ripper. He places the prostitute in a simple coffin, and puts white lilies around her. Sighing, Undertaker nails the lid on her coffin. Next up is Madame Red. He brushes his silver hair out of his face, revealing acidic green eyes. Undertaker sets Madame Red in a coffin lined with red satin. He then places white roses around her, and closes the lid. Undertaker pulls out a chair, and sinks into it. He put his head into his hands, thinking.

He look up, searching for the clock. 5:45.

"I'd better get moving." He sighs dejectedly. He sets the coffins in the back of the hearse, and clambers into the driver's seat. Undertaker cracks the reins, and the horses begin walking.

"Is there any nobility in the obituary?"

Celine asks, picking at her food.

"Oh my! Did you know Angelina Durless died?" My mother shrieks, making me chuckle.

"Yes, but I thought it was just a rumor." She lied smoothly. Celine could practically feel Ash's reprimanding gaze upon her.

"Can I go to her funeral? To, er, pay my last respects?"

'I just really want to go see Undertaker.'

"Yes, but Ash is going with you. I have a feeling that a few people know who you are, and I don't want you hounded with questions."

Ash takes Celine's arm, and leads her to her room to be changed.

"Why didn't you tell your mother about Madame Red?"

"Oh, come off it. You can't possibly be angry with ME? Can you?" Celine teases, smiling for the first time in a while.

"You're right, but I can do this." And he begins to tickle her.

"S-Stop! I-I can't breathe!" Celine cries out in between giggles. Ash stops tickling her, and picks her up bridal style. Still chuckling from when he was tickling her, Ash opens the door leading to Celine's room. He sets her down on the floor, and unbuttons the back of her dress. He shuffles through the rack of clothing in Celine's armoire.

Her laughter echoed through the hallway like the tinkling of bells. Her cheeks flushed a rosy pink, her cerulean eyes bright.

Finding one that was suitable enough, Ash slips it over her head, and helps put her injured arm through the sleeves. He ties the ribbon in the back.

"Sit down in a chair please."

He grabs a pair of black stockings and shoes, and kneels to put them on her. Glancing at the shoes, which were quite small for a girl her age. When he finishes strapping her shoes, she stands up and walks towards the door. Ash takes her arm, and leads her down to the carriage. He opens the door, and give her a hand in climbing in. After climbing in after her, Ash shuts the door. Celine has the curtains pulled back, and her face resting near the window. She abruptly raised her arm and rapped in the roof. Giggling like a lovesick girl, a pale pink blush spread across her face like wildfire.

"What?"

She smirks, feeling my gaze upon her.

"Have you never done that before?" Ash chuckles, already knowing the answer.

"Nope. I never got out much while I lived with the Lockwoods. All of my tutors came to me or I was with Aunt- Mother." She changed her words quickly. A few minutes of silence ensued before the carriage stopped. Ash got up, and opened the door.

Ash, clad in his usual white stepped out of the carriage, and held out a gloved hand. Celine placed her black laced glove in his, and stepped out of the carriage. People glanced at her, and began whispering. Whether she was phased by the less-than-warm welcome, it didn't show on her porcelain face. Celine and Ash made their way to the stone church, ignoring the odd stares. A carriage pulls up in front them silently, filled with thousands of rose petals, followed by Ciel, and Sebastian. Celine removes her arm from Ash, and walks over to the driver. Undertaker. He jumps down from the drivers seat, and kisses Celine's hand.