Mistake #1

Celine tripped out of bed, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Damn it! Where's my necklace?" She pulled out dresser drawers, tore apart her bed, and nearly broke her mirror. She glanced at the clock by her bedside, which read 4:45. She darted towards the windows, and ripped the curtains open. It was dark, except for the small flickers of the streetlights in the distance.

"Where could it be? The last I saw it it was.....in...the box with my stationary which is back at the bloody circus!" She kept her voice soft, not wanting to wake any of the servants, especially Ash and Elijah. She pulled a black dress over her nightgown, and put a long black cloak over herself.

Celine crept silently to her study next door, and scribbled a note down. She hastily placed the note on her pillow. She slunk silently towards the large windows, opened one, and climbed out. She was thankful that there was a large tree, and the descended gracefully down the thick branches. As soon as Celine's feet touched the lush grass, she began to sprint towards the stables.

When Celine arrived to the stables, she tried to be as quiet as possible, not wanting to spook the horses. She found a smaller mare, which a was a snowy white with black hooves. She internally thanked the lazy stable hands for leaving the bridles on, and plunged her hand into the bag of oats to coax the unwilling horse out of her stall. Celine tugged the reins, but the horse wouldn't budge. She groaned loudly, and pulled the reins harder.

"Come on! I don't have time this!" She stomped her foot. Dropping the reins, she plopped down in the hay in the stall. She brushed her hair out of her face, and huffed as the mare began to lazily eat hay.

"Having trouble?" A silvery voice in her ear whispered, nearly making her scream. Celine clutched her chest, narrowing her eyes in distaste. "If you want to get her out, use sugar cubes. She's not one for oats." He held out a hand with four sugar cubes, a small smirk playing at his lips. Celine raised an eyebrow, rose lethargically from her spot, and took the sugar cubes.

"How did you know I was here?" She placed her hand in front of the horse, who ate the sugar cubes greedily.

"You're not exactly quiet when you're upset. And I saw you climb out the window." He leaned against the wall, one hand in his pocket, and the other behind his neck. Celine huffed, and pulled the mare out of her stall. She mounted her, not bothering for a saddle. Alexander baited a stallion with a generous amount of sugar cubes, and climbed atop it's back.

"What're you doing?" She stared at him curiously. She yawned, and stretched. With a gentle tug of the reins, she guided the mare out of the stall and stables. Alexander followed, saying nothing. "Don't follow me. Go back inside or something." She huffed, and flicked the reins to make the horse go faster. He chuckled and blocked Celine with his horse.

"Nice try, but I'm going with you." His icy blue eyes scanned her face, and he smirked. "Besides, a weak little girl like you couldn't possibly fight off a troupe of kidnappers and murderers by herself." He mocked, grinning deviously when her cheeks flushed with anger.

"Shut the Hell up." Celine growled, and regained her composure. "Thank you for caring about my well being but I don't want your help. I can manage on my own." She guided the mare around him, and trotted up to the gate. The gate guard looked up at her questioningly.

"I'll be back soon. Keep it unlocked, please." With a wave of his hand, the gate was rolled back.

"May I ask where you're going at this hour, Your Highness?" Celine thought for a moment before replying.

"It's just a simple errand. I left a necklace at....Hyde Park and I'm going to see if it's still there." She said awkwardly, before nudging the horse with her heels. She exited the grounds, egging the horse to go faster. She could hear the clatter of Alexander's stallion behind her.