Demons

"Ellie. It's me. Your brother." The teenage boy glances around the room, and sees Sebastian, Ash, and Ciel glaring at him intently. Celine shakes her head slowly, her tiny, gloved hand at her mouth, and her pale blonde hair falling over her shoulders. She rushes forward, and right past him.

He looks at her retreating body, shocked. He goes to follow her, but he's stopped.

"She needs to be alone. It's what's best for her right now."

Seething, he looks at Ash. His eyes burn, and he knows they're fuchsia.

"How can you know what's best for her? You let her walk around with out telling her that the demons, angels, shinigami and the like, that she believes to be imaginary, are attracted to her, and not give a damn?"

He walked out of the room, hoping that his tirade proved his point. He followed her scent to a bedroom, and knocks on the door.

No answer. He knocks again, and waits for an answer.

"Ellie, come on. Open the door."

He waits another minute, and calls out again.

"If you don't open the door, I'm coming in."

Still no answer, so he opens the door. He searches the room, and finds nothing. The slate black curtains are fluttering in the breeze. He looks out and around the window.

"Celine. Where are you?"

He let the frustration creep into his voice.

"Go away."

She sniffles, from above. He grabs the vine next to her window, and climbs up to her, on the roof. He sees Celine hugging her knees to her chest, tears threatening to fall. He rushes over.

"What're you doing up here? It's freezing!"

Celine sniffles again, and rubs her eyes.

"I'm fine." He looks at her shivering body.

"No, you're not. Why are you up here?" He shrugs out of his overcoat, and drapes it over her small frame. She looks up at him, eyes teary and fearful.

"Elijah. I watched you die. How are you still alive?" She whispers, continuing to stare at him.

"I'm not human, Ellie. I'm a demon." She raises an eyebrow, not believing him.

"If this is some kind of cruel joke, you can stop. I'm thoroughly upset and about to call Ash to escort you out. Everybody called me Ellie. Tell me only something Elijah would know." Celine gets up, and walks around.

"I remember the day you were born, I was four, Noah was three, Harrison and Stefan were two, and they were running into the nursery, and they peered into the cradle, and looked at mother and said; "Put it back! We don't need anymore pets!"" Her eyes narrow.

"Everyone and anyone knew that story. Get out." Celine's voice is shaking with anger.

"No. " She looked up, an eyebrow raised, questioning his answer.

"Excuse me?"

"I said I'm not leaving."

"Then you'll be escorted out. A-" Elijah clamps a hand over her mouth.

"Please, just hear me out." She struggles against his vice grip, and kicks his shin. He lets go, knowing it'll be a big production if he didn't.

"Let go! Who do you think you are, coming around here and saying you're my brother. I have no brothers. I'm an only child now." She smoothes out her dress. Celine walks towards the vine, and begins to climb down it.