Music and Murder

Sebastian steered Celine towards the dance floor, one hand politely on her waist and the other holding her right hand.

"W-Where are we going?" Celine whispered angrily.

"Calm down Mistress, you don't want to raise any suspicion, do you?" Sebastian whispered back, smiling ever so slightly. "And we're heading towards the dance floor. Being your tutor, society allows me to dance with you." Celine's jaw dropped.

"I can't dance! And if we want to catch the Viscount in the act, I need to do his stupid song by midnight." Celine panicked.

"Well, I can solve the dancing part, but the song may have to wait. Here, stand on my feet."

"What?!"

"Stand on my feet. Since you can't see where you're going, standing on my feet will give the impression that you're dancing." Sebastian picked her up slightly, and set Celine down on his feet. He started with a simple waltz, but gradually Sebastian added in a spin or two. The pair danced like for a few songs, and then stopped. Sebastian pulled his pocket watch out of coat, clicked it open, and checked the time.

"My Lady, it's almost midnight, would you like me to inform the Viscount of your performance?" Sebastian whispered in Celine's ear.

"Yes, please." The pair ceased dancing, and a waiter led them to wherever the Viscount was. Which, was right next to the solid white grand piano.

"Ah, little angel, are you going to preform for us?"

"Yes. I don't go back on my promises, no matter how insignificant. But after, I preform, I will be dreadfully bored. I'm sick of parlor tricks. Do you know of other amusements?" Celine pouts, sticking her bottom lip out slightly.

"My, what a spoiled little angel you are. Though, you may not be old enough."

"Please, I'm a lady, not a little girl." Celine hints slyly, though she is internally gagging.

The Viscount clears his throat to get everyone's attention.

"We will have a small performance by my dearest cousin Celine Lockwood."

Everyone clapped politely, not really expecting a blind girl to know how to play the piano.

Celine smirked inwardly, knowing that they won't underestimate her after this.

'Ugh, hurry up and get kidnapped already.' Ciel sighed deeply.

Celine turned to the piano and began playing. After a few verses, she began to sing in a sad, soft tune.

"All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces. Bright and early for the daily races, going nowhere, going nowhere. Their tears are filling up their glasses, no expression, no expression.hide my head I want to drown my sorrow, no tomorrow, no tomorrow.

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. I find it hard to to tell you, I find it hard to take, when people run in circles it's a very very mad world, mad world.

Children waiting for the day they feel good, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday. And I feel the way every child should, sit and listen, sit and listen. Went to school and I was very nervous, no one knew me, no one knew me. 'Ello teacher tell me what's my lesson, look right through me, look right through me.

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take, when people run in circles it's a very very mad world, mad world."

She finished, and the crowd was stunned into silence. Nobody even noticed that Celine had been dragged off.

"Sebastian did the Viscount-?"

"Yes." The two were stoic as they looked around the room to search for the small girl.

The Viscount lead Celine to a room just outside of the ballroom.

"That was quite a performance, little Angel." He croons, sweeping aside some of the fallen pieces of hair. Celine cringed, and swatted his hand away.

"You mustn't touch what isn't yours, Lord Druitt. Especially young ladies." A steely glint hardened Celine's normally cerulean blue eyes to an icy grey.
The Viscount chuckled darkly, and pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket. He looked around, and forced the cloth to Celine's mouth and nose. She screamed, but it was muffled by the cloth and the loud music coming from the ballroom.

She clawed at his hands, unable to breathe. Her eyes watered as he unlocked a large ornate door and pushed her inside. A sickly sweet smell enveloped Celine with each breath she took. Her eyes widened with realisation, and she tried to cover her mouth. Druitt laughed softly as Celine crumpled to floor unconscious. He shut the door and placed the cloth back in his pocket.

"Let her go this instant!" Ciel shouted down the hall. He had followed the Viscount through the labyrinth like corridors. The Viscount glanced at him, and chuckled.

"She's all yours. Why, she's just behind that door." Ciel raced towards the door and shoved the Viscount aside. He threw open the door and ran inside.

"Celine! Hey, wake up come on!" He shook her shoulder roughly. "Come on!" He coughed and his vision grew blurry. He coughed some more, and passed out.

Ciel groaned groggily. His arms were pinned to his sides, and something or someone warm was on his lap.

"Tonight we have two Crown Jewels. One is blind, but her eyes haven't lost their color, which is an azure blue. She's quite feisty, but musically inclined. You can keep her as a pet, or sell her for individual parts. The other has two different colored eyes, adding to his uniqueness." The Viscount gestured to Celine and Ciel, who are in a cage. A man ripped the blindfold off of Celine, and then Ciel. The crowd murmured in approval and interest.

Celine's chest rose up and down with each shaky breath, still under the influence of the drug. The Viscount raised Celine's head.

"The bidding for the girl will start at 3000 guineas." He let go of Celine's head, and it lolled against Ciel's shoulder.

"4500!"

"5000!"

"6500!"

"Come, Sebastian!" Ciel yelled to the crowd. The lights dimmed, and there were multiple shouts. The lights came back, and Sebastian grinned like the Cheshire Cat. "Take us back to the ball, so we can leave." Ciel ordered.

"Of course, My Lord." Sebastian ripped the ropes connecting Celine and Ciel. He placed Ciel on his shoulder, and carried Celine. He leapt through the window, and landed balcony outside. Ciel glanced down at Celine, and saw that her chest has stopped rising and falling with each breath.

"Sebastian! She stopped breathing!" He bellowed, his sapphire blue eye wide with terror.

Comment and Vote Please!!