Dresses and Death

"If you can fake sincerity you can fake anything."

"No! No, I'll clean this up myself!" Celine shouted. She dropped the bloody shears and ran up the stairs.

"So, little Lord, are you still wanting answers?" Undertaker cackled and grinned maniacally. Madame Red stepped forward, and held her head high.

"Leave it to me, dear nephew. I know all of the latest gossip; he'll be spilling answers like a child spills tea." The corners of her scarlet stained lips upturned ever so slightly. She averted her attention to Celine, who was wrapping a snow white bandage around her maimed palm sloppily as she shuffled down the stairs. She went back to her station, and resumed her work once more.

Madame Red began telling the latest gossip, but was quickly brushed aside when Undertaker had covered Celine's ears and Sebastian covered his Young Master's.

"Perhaps you would be willing to tell a joke, My Lord." Undertaker joked. The Young Earl narrowed his sapphire eye, and sighed in resignation.

"Very well-"

"Allow me, Young Master." Sebastian cut him off, pulling his gloves up as he did so. "I have a joke, but everyone must go outside, and not peek. At all."

The red clad butler led Celine, his mistress, and the Earl outside. A few moments later, an ear splitting cackle erupted all around the group. The boy glanced over at Celine, who looked bored. The scarlet clad butler was looking at her with an odd fascination.

"Grell! Stop staring at the poor girl!"

Grell look abashed, and stared at the ground. The Earl looked up and down the girl, and straightened his back. 'Hmn. I'm taller than her.' With a smug look, he glanced towards the slowly opening door.

The raven haired and velvet voiced butler abruptly opened the door and smiled.

"I think he'll tell us everything we need to know, Young Master."

The Earl walked ahead of Madame Red, Grell, and Celine. Undertaker was holding himself up by leaning across his work table. His silver hair was frizzy from laughing.

"I have seen a thing of true bliss......"

'What exactly did Sebastian do?' Ciel threw an irritated glare at Undertaker, and turned his attention towards Celine.

"Does he do this often?"

"I wouldn't know, I've only been here for about three weeks." Celine stated. She fiddled with her bandage, and yawned into her elbow.

'If the Lockwood family died nine months ago, where was this girl for eight of those months?' The Earl stared at Celine inquisitively. Undertaker cleared his throat loudly, and everyone in the room turned towards him.

"The bodies were horribly maimed. But I brought them back to their pristine condition." He drawled, "but all of the bodies had a few things in common." Undertaker grinned manically. He held up a spindly finger.

"Firstly, they were all young women." He held up another spindly finger. "Secondly, they were all prostitutes." His grin grew even wider as he held up a third finger. "And lastly, all the victims had a certain appendage removed." He placed a finger on his chin, and thought for a moment.

"The victim's bodies were mutilated viciously while their uterus was removed with near surgical precision." Undertaker grabbed a startled Celine, and indicated where the incisions on the corpses were made.

"Weren't the murders committed in a fairly busy alley way? Even if Jack the Ripper had the cover of night, he'd have to be swift enough to get from one side of town to the other, without getting caught." Celine piped in when the silence became unbearable. Grell shifted away uncomfortably from the coffin closest to him. His dull green eyes were flicking around the room nervously.