Phantomhive and Company

"Her eyes have their own vocabulary. What a beautiful language to learn."

>Time skip: 3 weeks<

"Celine, can you please go down to the parlour and start working on four rose pieces?" Undertaker yelled down the stairwell.

"Yes." Celine answered exhaustedly and muttered incoherently under her breath. She grabbed white and red roses, and tied them into a bouquet with a ribbon. Celine placed it in a vase when the bell at the front door rang.

"Undertaker! Someone needs your help!" Celine yelled up the stairwell. She walked back to her station and picked up where she left off.

"Hello, Miss." A suave voice called out from behind her. A man dressed in black servant attire and a boy with an eye patch had entered the small shop, along with a woman and butler both clad in red in red, and a Chinese man.

Celine stiffened, and turned to face the odd group. The boy was the only person in the cramped shop who wasn't staring at Celine. The scarlet woman was staring at her intently.

"We would like to speak to Undertaker." The man clad in black spoke again. He had midnight black hair and crimson eyes, which was a stark contrast to his perfect alabaster skin.

"Of course, sir. He should be down momentarily." Celine placed the shears on the table, and shuffled towards the stairwell. A nail was sticking up out of the floor board, and had snagged on the hem of her dress. She fell to the floor with an audible thump, and grimaced at her misfortune.

'I'm glad I make such wonderful first impressions.' She thought sarcastically.

The back of her dress was pulled down, which revealed her pale, scarred skin, along with her brand. The brand was on the right side of her ribcage, and was a cross surrounded by a pentagram.

"Sebastian, what is that?!" The boy yelled, and pointed a gloved finger at the bizarre marking.

"I believe it is a brand, Young Master." The man which Celine assumed to be Sebastian replied obediently. With wobbling arms, Celine pushed herself off of the floor, and stood up once more.

"Sebastian, that girl is strange." The boy narrowed his eye at Celine's retreating frame, and averted his eye down to the floor.

"What is that popular saying? Ah, yes. Don't judge a book by its cover, Young Master." Sebastian condescended playfully, which earned him a harsh glare from the boy. He glanced back at Celine, who was already upstairs. He noticed that she had her arms extended in front of her when she walked.

"Sebastian," The boy said thoughtfully. "I think that girl is blind." The corner of Sebastian's lips upturned slightly.

"What gave you that idea, Young Master?"

"The way she had her arms in front of her when she walked, and how slow she moved. Like she was feeling where she was to see if it was safe to take a step." The boy glanced around the room, and began to tap his foot impatiently.

"Taking interest in a common girl, are we?" Sebastian smirked as his Young Master blushed.

"No! It was merely an observation, Sebastian. To be honest, I thought you would have said something about it as soon as we arrived." The boy retorted. His sapphire eye swivelled towards the staircase as Celine and Undertaker walked down the stairs. Undertaker grinned creepily and waved his spider-like fingers.

"Hello, Earl and friends. How may I be of service today?" The Earl cleared his throat.

"We need information on Jack the Ripper." Undertaker grinned maniacally.

"You know my price, little lord. And I'm not going to give you a discount like last time."

"Just name your price, Undertaker." The Earl said, almost lethargically. He snapped his fingers, and Sebastian pulled out a small pouch and placed it in his master's awaiting hands. He held it out to Undertaker, who swatted the coins to the ground.

"I don't want the Queen's coin. I want a first rate laugh." He threw himself over his desk, and laughed animatedly. The Earl shook his head while his Chinese companion stepped forwards.

"I have a joke that guaranteed to make you laugh." He stated smugly. "You'll have your information in no time, my Lord." Undertaker raised his head in interest, his ashy grey hair falling in his face. The scarlet woman and butler watched with mild interest while the Earl shook his head. Celine went back to her station, and resumed her work once more.
The Chinese man cleared his throat.

"On which side does a tiger have the most stripes?" The Earl groaned and put his face in his hands.

"The outside, if I am correct." Celine spoke, her back turned to the group.

"Yes!" The man laughed gaily, and waited for Undertaker to laugh. He blinked blankly and shrugged his shoulders.

"What is your name, girl?" The scarlet woman stated haughtily, looking Celine over. Celine turned around.

"Celine Lockwood. And you are?" She replied sassily, arching a pale eyebrow.

"Angelina Durless, but most call me Madame Red." Madame Red looked over Celine again, and snorted. "You aren't the Lockwood girl. She and the rest of her family died when their manor burned eight months ago." Anger flashed over Celine's face.

"I can prove it. My father had six children, including myself. The oldest, Elijah, was to inherit my father's Earldom upon his death. My mother was closely related to Her Majesty Queen Victoria. I was the youngest child and the only girl, born on December 25th, 1874." Celine sucked in a large breath. "Do you need any other information?" She snapped. Madame Red shook her head, her mouth wide open with sympathy.

"You poor child." Madame Red said softly. Celine snorted.

"I don't want your pity. Give it to someone who needs it." She turned back around, and groped around the table for the shears so she could continue her work. Madame Red began to walk towards her with her arms spread wide. She enveloped the small girl in her arms, who began to thrash and panic. In the midst of her panicking, Celine gripped the head of the shears, and cut a deep gash into the palm of her hand. She cried out in pain, and Madame Red released her immediately.

"Here, let me help-"

"No!" Celine took deep breaths to calm herself, "No, I'll clean this up myself."

Comment and Vote Please!!