Back to the Beginning

And then the dam of emotions broke free. Celine screamed at the top of her lungs. It was heart wrenching and full of despair. She beat her fists on the floor, splashing the blood of Angela and all those poor, unfortunate children everywhere. She swore up and down. Cursing God for not just killing her early on in life so she wouldn't have had to suffer. Cursing Angela for what she did. Celine threw the furniture that was in the horrible room around. Sobbing and screaming as she did so. She collapsed on the ground in violent sobs

"Why me? WHY ME?!"

"Please calm down." A masculine voice ordered. Celine growled in between sobs.

"Don't tell me what to do." She spat. "And get the Hell out of here!"

"But you just called me!" Celine then realised it was Alexander.

"Where the Hell were you when I needed you?!" She shrieked, her body trembling violently. "I could have died!"

"But you didn't." Alexander gave a snarky smile, and then was backhanded full across the face.

"I don't have time for pathetic little comments or quips. Just get me out of here and to a doctor."

"Why a doctor?" Alexander glanced Celine over. "You look perfectly fine to me." Celine sweat dropped.

"Do you not see my heart beating through my rib cage?" She yelled exasperatedly, gesturing wildly to her exposed organs.

"Nope." Celine blanched, and looked down at her chest. She could no longer see her heart, something she was mildly disappointed about.

"Oh." She said softly. Celine frowned in irritation and fanned herself with her stained hands. "Is it growing warmer in here?" Alexander swore loudly, and touched the floor.

"We need to get out of here. The building's on fire." He grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the door.

"Go on without me! There's something I need to take care of first." Alexander shoved Celine through the doorway, slammed it shut behind her, and locked it.
The heat was much more prevalent outside of the room, and smoke had flooded the hallway. Celine's eyes began to instantly water. She turned around and began to beat on the door.

"Alexander," She screamed, "open the door!" She choked on the thick smoke. Swearing loudly, she abandoned the door and began to stumble blindly down the hallway. Celine choked and coughed. She wiped the spit from the edge of her mouth and pushed on through the thick, smothering smoke. There was rustling behind her, and someone grabbed Celine's waist. She screamed in fright, adrenaline firing through her veins once again. A cloth was placed over her mouth, which made her vision even hazier. She struggled groggily, and passed out.

Alexander removed his lips from the small child's, swallowing the last remnants of her soul. He moved his mouth to the child's neck, and bit down on her jugular vein. Warm blood spurt all over his clothes and face as he sucked her dry. He threw the limp, drained corpse to the ground. Walking to the locked door, Alexander pulled out a cloth dipped in chloroform from his pocket.

"Why he wants to drug his sister, I'll never understand." He muttered to himself and shook his head. He stepped out the door, and looked for Celine. Alexander spotted Celine's stumbling figure a few metres ahead. Walking swiftly, he grabbed her waist and pressed the cloth to her nose and mouth. She struggled, went limp. Alexander tossed her over his shoulder easily, jumped out the window, and let his pitch black wings unfold from his back.
He flew silently towards the crumbling manor, periodically checking that Celine was still unconscious.
Alexander returned to the Lockwood Manor in record time, and brought Celine to the basement. Elijah was sitting on the floor, polishing a wicked looking sword.

"Is she still unconscious?" Elijah caressed her cheek gently.

"Obviously." Elijah's eyes narrowed at Alexander. "Put her in the chair, and restrain her arms and legs. Gag her, too. I don't need her to call for help." Several unruly tears escaped from Elijah's eyes as Celine was bound and gagged. He shuffled over to her and kissed her forehead. Elijah went back to polishing his sword as Alexander sauntered around the ramshackle room.

Celine groaned softly, and raised her head. Her eyes scanned the room groggily. She glanced down at her restrained body, and panicked. Her eyes scanned the room frantically and she spotted her brother.

"Elijah! What are you doing?"

"I'm doing this to protect you." Tears were streaming down his pale face freely as he handed the wicked sword to Alexander. "I love you so much, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me." Elijah sucked in a deep breath, and turned to his faithful companion.

"Alexander, I order you to finish this!" He cried angrily. Alexander's icy blue eyes burned blood red as he plunged the sword through Elijah's chest.

"Yes, My Lord."

WELCOME TO THE END OF LOST SOUL! PLEASE DONT CRY! I AM MAKING THIS BOOK INTO A SERIES!! I want to thank my AMAZING editor graegirl for helping with this story! You are AMAZING! The next instalment of the Soul series will be about Elijah's life, Renewed Soul. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE FORST BOOK AND I HOPE YOU READ THE NEXT BOOK! Thank you all so much for your votes and comments, it means so much!