A new relation

Vansh  (funnily): "Okay you settle down, and meet us at dinning at sharp 8:00 p.m., we all eat together and we did not entertain latecomers." 

Riddhima: "Yes boss!"

Vansh goes and Riddhima looks on. She laughs and shakes her head as she recalls how she misunderstood this gentleman as a burglar. She walks towards the closet, arranging her clothes, but still kept on thinking about him. Suddenly she hits her head, "Stop It Riddhi! He is a married man who even has a daughter. Stop imagining him as your prince charming.", she scolds herself.

After calling her family and informing them about her whereabouts she went towards dining where she saw so many people. She felt a little nervous and awkward as she was a stranger to them, but finally sits with them after gathering courage.

Riva: "Oh yay! Dr Ma come here. Sit beside me."  Riva's chirpy voice gave her a new strength.

Anupriya: "Riddhima, meet my family. This is Sia, my daughter. He is Rudra, my brother in law. Chanchal, his wife. And Aaryan their son."

Riddhima nods at everyone and smiles.

Anupriya: "So beta, you go with Vansh tomorrow itself for finding house."

Riddhima: "Aunty, actually tomorrow I had my first day on hospital.."

Vansh: "Tomorrow it's Sunday! Your dean is going to cancel your meeting again"

Riddhima: "Again!How do you kn...?"

Before she could complete her sentence her phone rang with a  notification tone of message. She read the message. "Dr. Riddhima, your meeting with dean is postponed to Monday due to some official issues. Sorry for inconvenience."

Riddhima was awestruck, "Is this man omniscient?", she whispered.

Vansh: "I am Vansh RaiSinghania, and I know everything."

Sia: "Okay! Okay! Calm down bhai. Riddhima what about playing a game tomorrow.. since it's your holiday we can play, what's say bhai?"

Vansh: "Hmm.."

Aaryan: "What about a basketball match?"

All agreed.

Vansh to Riddhima: "You agreed so easily? Did you know how to play?"

Riddhima(sarcastically): "No only you know everything, else everyone around here is a dodger."

Vansh(mockingly): "Someone is furious!"

Riddhima stared Vansh. Vansh smiled. While everyone else laughed at their silly fights. Anupriya looks at the happy atmosphere. It was after several years, that the family was smiling and laughing together at dining. After the death of Vansh's father, everyone was in despair thus rarely smile. But today, Anupriya felt like the void which she was feeling in her family after her husband's death was filled.

.

At night, around 10:00 p.m.

Riva: "Papa.. read me this story.. papa"

Vansh was busy in his laptop..: "Beta, just 5 minutes.."

Dejected, Riva went outside with her story book, when Riddhima noticed her.

Riddhima: "Riva, you not sleeping? It's late"

Riva: "Papa is busy.. he always reads a story to me before I sleep."(showing the book)

Riddhima (thinking): "Why doesn't she go to her mother then? Where is her mother? I didn't saw her at dining too."

"Okay, come here I will read you one."

Riva: "What! Wao, thank you Dr ma" She clapped her hands and ran inside guest room excitedly.

.

At Vansh's room-

Vansh: "Done! Now let's listen sto.. Riva? Where had she gone"

He searched but when didn't find her, marched outwards. Just then, he saw his mother, peeping inside guest room.

Vansh: "Mom, what are.."

Anupriya: "Shhh"  She closed his mouth and pointed inside the room.

Vansh looked inside, only to get shocked. His daughter, who hardly listens story from anyone else other than him, was keenly enjoying the fairy tale while lying over Riddhima's lap. Riddhima too was making the story interesting by modulating her voice and using expressions. They both looked happy together.

Anupriya: "I have never seen Riva so much happy.. look yourself, I have always told you that a girl always needs motherly affection, you see yourself!"

Vansh: "Not now, Mom"  

He said but he himself was adoring the duo.. he could find peace, solace and happiness on his daughter's face which he had not seen for years. It was looking like a new relation was beginning between the duo. Both Anupriya and Vansh were enjoying peeping at them when suddenly Vansh dropped a pot and both of them (Riddhima and Riva) looked at Vansh.

Vansh never wanted to disturb this perfect story telling night but because of his mistake it was ruined and he was guilt stricken.

Riddhima: "Mr RaiSinghania, Riva wanted to listen..".  She tried to explain.

Vansh: "Vansh! You can call me Vansh".  He was not happy with her, calling him 'Mr RaiSinghania'. It felt so formal.

His sudden reply startled everyone especially Anupriya. Anupriya knows his son (thinking): "He never wants outsiders to call him with his name, even his best friend calls him VR."

Riddhima: "Okay, Vansh."

Riva: "Good night, Dr Ma."

She kissed Riddhima, and the latter reciprocated it. Riva went to Vansh.

Vansh: "Ah.. Dr.."

Riddhima: "You can also call me Riddhima".  She replied immediately.

Vansh: "So Riddhima, get ready for tomorrow's basketball match ."

Riddhima: "Ever-ready!"