Emotional Outburst

Vansh's pov

"Oh god! Vani was my best friend.", I heard her shouting and my eyes popped out.

What? She is Vani's best friend! But how is this possible? Ahana claimed herself to be Vani's bestie, then how come Riddhima?

I was puzzled. Riddhima won't lie and why would she, she didn't have any motive. But why would Ahana lie? What would she want?

I was perplexed but then Riddhima shocked me more.

"So you were the other person who helped them. Riva's biological father. And.. I am her biological mother.", she spoke with tears in her eyes.

How come she is Riva's biological mother? Wasn't Vani....?

"Vani asked me to donate, like Rishi asked you.", She spoke while trembling and I recalled Rishi's words at hospital.

"Thank you so much Vansh. You don't know what you have done for us! Both of you are not less than god for us!! Thank you my best friend!"

Did he meant, me and Riddhima from both?

"But how come Ahana be her masi? I never saw her with Vani. Moreover all her belongings were given to me, not to anyone else. Then how? Did Ahana showed you any proofs?", Riddhima's brow wrinkled as she asked me the question which I too was wondering since long.

Ahana never showed any proofs. All she did was, hugging Riva one day all of a sudden. She came running inside our mansion and hugged Riva. She started kissing her face and weeping. She told a story of her being Vani's best friend. We never asked for any proof. Actually it never occurred to us that someone can do fraud like this too.

It is perfectly clear that Riddhima is Vani's real friend and Ahana just a doppelganger, pretending to be Riddhima. It boiled my blood. I pushed my daughter towards this fraud woman so as she could get some motherly love. Such a fool I was! But why? Why she did this?

"No. Ahana never showed anything. She is a fraud. But why?", I shouted while pulling my hair.

"Relax Vansh. We had to think wisely. She must have some hidden motive. We need to find it, before she tries to trouble our family.", She spoke with a strange determination while holding my arm.

I smiled at her words. She, calling my family as hers, gave me a feeling of euphoria. We decided to trap Ahana and find her real motive soon, and retorted back to our respective rooms.

I was going to enter my room when I watched Riddhima staring inside my room. I knew what she was feeling.

"Do you want to see Riva?", I asked her and she flushed and nodded in negative.

I know she wants to check Riva, so I grabbed her hand and pulled her with me, inside my room, where Riva was sleeping peacefully.

Riddhima's pov

"Do you want to see Riva?", He asked me and I glanced at the floor. Yes, I desperately wanted to see her, but was it right?

Before I could do anything, he grabbed my hand and pulled me inside his room, where I saw Riva sleeping.

I marched towards her and stared at her sleeping figure. She sleeps just like me. Huh! Without any worry about the world, stretching her hands and legs all over the bed, just like me. Yes, she is definitely my daughter. My Riva, my Baby doll.

I realized a tear fell onto her from my eyes. I quickly wiped my face and turned around. Was this right? Was this right to feel this way? I know she is my daughter, Vansh too knows now, but what have I ever done for her? I have done nothing. I have abandoned her. Left her all alone, after Vani's death. Could I ever call myself her mother?

Unable to hold more tears, I marched towards the door, but my gaze fell on a sheet which was placed on the table. I held the sheet in my hand and looked at it carefully. It had some caricatures. It was titled 'My Family'. And It had three names written over three figures. Riva, Dr Ma and Vansh.

Dr Ma! She calls me Ma, unknowingly that I really am her Ma. She considers me her family, while what I did? I never looked for her. I missed my baby doll, but I never tried searching for her. I am a sinner. I am not worthy of being called Ma. I am not worthy of anything.

I didn't realize when I started sobbing while thinking all this. Vansh was standing just beside me, rubbing my back. I turned around and looked into his eyes. His eyes held a different emotion.

"It was not your fault. Please don't blame yourself.", He said and I hugged him.

I cried over his shoulders and he kept on rubbing my back which strangely soothed me.

"Could I ever call myself her mother? Am I even worthy of being a mother?", I voiced out my questions.

He looked into my eyes and held my face.

"Riddhima, stop this. You didn't knew about her. If you were aware, then.."

"Then what Vansh? Then What? I wouldn't have done anything. I know. I never can't. I am not courageous like you. You have taken responsibility of Riva, without worrying about society's words. You are brave and noble. You very well  fulfilled your duties as a father. But I.. I failed as a mother. And I know, if I would ever be in your place then I won't be able to do such thing. I would be afraid of society, I would be afraid of other's comments. I would be afraid. I am a coward. I am..", I started blabbering and sobbing louder.

He hugged me tighter and shushed me. He spoke soothing words to my ears and told me I am worthy. I am not a coward.

"Riddhima since the day Riva has met you, her smile has increased. She had never laughed so much in her entire life. You made her smile, you made her laugh. You are a wonderful woman, Riddhima. You gave new hopes to my family, new smile to Riva. How can you call yourself unworthy? You are a doting mother.", He told me and I smiled at his words.

He called me a doting mother. I felt peace. I then separated myself from him. What would he think of me? I was clinging over him since half an hour. Uff! Riddhima, what you did?

I face palmed internally and giving a last glance to Riva walked outside, only to be pulled by a strong arm.

I collided with his chest and looked into his eyes. He moved a step back, making some distance between us.

"I know you want to be with her. You sleep here, I will sleep on the couch.", I heard him.

How he always know what's going on in my mind?

"Because I am omniscient sweetheart, did you forget that?", He said while chuckling and I gasped.

Did I said that loud enough?

He nodded while chuckling again and I went towards Riva, blushing.

I laid beside her and swiped her hair from forehead. She lean over my touch and snuggled into me. I wrapped my arms around her neck and she hugged me tightly in her sleep.

Heaven! That's what I felt. My daughter was in my arms, sleeping beside me, hugging me. What else I can wish for now? I think this is going to be best night for me.

"Good night Baby doll", I whispered, pecking her forehead and got startled at her reply.

"Good night Ma."

A/N: A big big thanks to you all!!! Thank you so much for re reading this book. I know reading a book again is not that interesting, but still you are reading it. It really means a lot to me. And to the new readers, I am really glad to see you here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Editing and rewriting a book is very boring and when nobody is there to read it again, it feels like unworthy to write. I thought to simply ignore this book, but then your votes, comments and messages motivated me. So I started writing again.

To new Riansh readers, you can check my one shot book too, if you are liking this story. And I will be coming with new Riansh fan-fictions too once I am done with editing this one completely.

Thanks again.. lots of love!

~ Sonia.