Truth unfolds

"Okay... Riva is my best friend's child.", He said and closed his eyes reminiscing those memories.

"Five years ago I went to Jaipur for some property related issue, my best friend also lived there. He was married for three years. But he didn't have any child. My friend got to know that he was suffering from Azoospermia( a disease in which male is unable to release sperms). He wanted me to donate sperm.", He continued further and trailed back to 2016.

Flashback begins.

I was sitting beside my best friend, holding his arms. He and his wife were hell nervous. I could sense them tapping their feet vigorously. I tried to calm them, but I know that was next to impossible in this scenario. 

I was sitting there to donate sperm. Mrs Goenka, my best friend's wife was called inside. Minutes later I was also called inside for the operation.

Everything went well. Both of them were delighted. 

"Thank you so much Vansh. You don't know what you have done for us! Both of you are not less than god for us!! Thank you my best friend!", He hugged me and I could see him smiling through tears.

Both of them have waited for this moment. And I could see how happy my best friend was. I was so happy for them.

"Speaking thank you to your best friend! Who taught you etiquette?" I said and tried to add humor to the emotional atmosphere.

He chuckled and I wiped his tears.

"By the way! You said both of us?", I asked him as I recalled what he spoke.

Before he could answer, a nurse called him and he went inside. While I left for Mumbai.

Flashback ends

"Then what happened to them? I meant why Riva is with YOU?", Riddhima asked desperately. She was hell impatient to know this full story. Not in mood to retain the suspense she asked him eagerly.

"After almost one year, he invited me and my family at his daughter's first birthday. I went to Jaipur again with my family.", Vansh continued further.

Flashback starts.

We reached Jaipur and were waiting for them. My friend told me that he will personally come to pick us. We waited for half an hour but still they didn't arrived. I tried calling them, but their phone was also unavailable. I was worried, all the negative thoughts were flooding in my mind and that's when I decided to go at Goenka's Residence.

When I with my family reached at their house, we were warmly welcomed by the servants. On asking about Goenkas they looked at each other in confusion.

"Sir you didn't came with Mr and Mrs Goenka? They told us to take care of Riva baby till they return with you and your family.", one of them told us.

I again dialed their number but it was switched off now. Without wasting more time, I contacted police.

Police and search teams started searching for them while me and my family stayed at the mansion for little Riva.

That's when I saw her, first time. Little her was crying like a cat. I wanted to laugh at her sound but I moved towards her. Her big doe shaped eyes, brimming with tears hurt me. I wiped her tears and she instantly looked at me. Our first eye contact. I caressed her face and she held my finger tightly. From childhood she was so smart and cute. I fell for her innocence.

"Sir..", a servant entered the room, running.

I glanced him and asked him what he wanted to speak.

What he told shook all of us. My best friend and his wife died in an accident. They were going towards Airport to pick us but then a trailer hit their car and they died on the spot. All of us went blank for a while. We didn't knew what to do. I was numb.

Little Riva's face was revolving in my mind. I knew how much hardships an orphan had to face. And this little girl was orphaned just after a year of her birth. I was more worried for her.

We did their cremation in presence of their relatives. All the relatives were just interested in their property and my friend was clever enough. He made a strong will. After his death all his property was gone to Riva and no one else can claimed it. I was a little relieved after that, but still monetary support is not everything a child wants.

That's when I decided. I will take Riva with me. She is my biological daughter and I can raise her too but cannot afford to see her in any orphanage. Mom also supported my decision and I adopted her with legal procedures.

I packed her belongings and some memories of Goenkas for her. But I couldn't find Mrs Goenka's stuffs. That's when I got to know, her belongings were given to her best friend who was like a sister figure to her. Later we got to know she was Ahana.

That's how we met Ahana. She too accepted me raising Riva and thus often visits us.

Flashback ends.

Riddhima smiled after hearing the whole truth. Vansh's respect in her heart grew more after listening this. She was proud of his decision. How selflessly he chose Riva without even thinking about himself.

Vansh found her smiling by herself and snapped his fingers in front of her. She jumped and glared him.

"Where were you gone?", He raised his eyebrows while she shook her head.

"We are here madam.", He spoke further, confusing Riddhima.

"Apartment. I booked. You came to check. Remember?", Vansh said jokingly and Riddhima nodded.

She literally forgot why she was traveling with Vansh. She came out and followed Vansh into the apartment.

Riddhima checked the apartment while the landlord was continuously boasting about it. Riddhima was so pissed with him that her face was showing the signs of irritation. Vansh understood her situation and suppressed his laugh.

Riddhima gestured Vansh to move to another one as she didn't like this one. The same went with the other two.

"You are really very picky.", Vansh joked.

"Picky? How can anyone live in that house?", She complained.

Vansh surrendered while smiling to himself. He himself picked such apartments that were poorly furnished, because he didn't wanted Riddhima to leave his mansion so early. No.. not for him, for Riva, at least that was what he thought.