Nightmares

As Vansh closed his eyes to sleep, he heard a whisper.

"No... please... don't.."

He sat on the couch and looked towards Riddhima who was shivering and was blabbering in sleep. He moved towards her and held her palm.

"No", She shouted loudly and opened her eyes with a jerk.

"Riddhima.", Vansh whispered.

Riddhima glanced at Vansh and hugged him tightly. Vansh hugged her and caressed her back. He felt wetness over his shoulder and soon got to know Riddhima was crying. He cupped her face and stared at her eyes.

"Why are you crying Riddhima?", He asked softly and Riddhima quivered.

"I..I.. saw Riva..", She felt her throat going dry. She couldn't complete her words. How could she speak what she saw in her dream? No, she won't let anything happen to her daughter. She will die before that.

Vansh placed his hand on her shoulder and blinked his eyes. He knows where this came from.

"I know about that threat of Ahana.", He spoke and Riddhima looked at him in astonishment.

"Don't worry about that. We both will not let anyone harm our daughter. And I won't let any of them even glance at you now.", He said while holding her palm with both hands.

Riddhima looked at him and smiled weakly. She glanced at her side where she found Riva sleeping. And her smile widened.

"Now sleep. I am here. Nothing will happen.", He whispered and she nodded.

She laid down again and watched Vansh standing from the bed and moving towards couch. She held his hand, not letting him move further.

Vansh looked back at her and she patted the place beside her.

"Sleep here. Beside me. Please.", She requested with teary eyes.

Vansh nodded and sat beside her, holding her hand.

"I am here. You sleep.", He repeated. He can't sleep beside her. She is already injured and all of them sleeping together could harm her. He will just sit beside her and when she will fell asleep he will return to the couch. Thinking this, Vansh looked at Riddhima who was already staring him.

"I know you will leave me.", She said and tears flowed from her eyes. She was already afraid from the nightmare, plus the building incident was fresh in her mind. All she needed was him. She don't know why, but his presence always soothed her. She always felt protected around him and that's why she was asking this. Was she asking something big?

Vansh stared at her tears and couldn't resist himself. He laid beside her such that she wouldn't get hurt.

"Look I am here and will never leave you.", He said genuinely. She nodded and clutched his shirt hardly in her hands, now if he wants then also he won't be able to leave her. He smiled at her actions and placed his arm beneath her head.

She peacefully slept as she felt his hand around her. Strangely, she felt protected.

Vansh too slept when he found her sleeping comfortably.

Well, with his lady love in his arms, he should be grinning madly if the circumstance was something better. Though he was still happy with the fact of Riddhima being in his arms, but his happiness was replaced by worry for his family.

As he closed his eyes, he saw Riddhima tied to chair. He couldn't forget her fear stricken face. He quickly scrunched his eyes open and relaxed when he saw her sleeping.

It wasn't just her who was going through this phase, but also him. He too was getting nightmares.

Shaking his head as if it will shake off all the negative thoughts from his mind, he tried to sleep again. But he heard some whispers again, this time from Riva.

"Papa. Mumma. Don't leave me.", He heard her cry and opened his eyes.

He sat and watched Riva shaking her head while sleeping. Her constant shaking has woke Riddhima too. Both of them watched her.

"Riva.", They whispered and caressed her hair. She sighed and turned towards them. With a smile, she again fell into a deep slumber.

Riddhima pecked her forehead and laid. Vansh too mimicked her actions.

All three of them, had their own worries which were coming out in the form of nightmares. Vansh placed his arm beneath Riddhima which even went till Riva's head, thus making both of them sleeping over it. With Riddhima and Riva sleeping over his arm, he felt protected. Now he will face his nightmares.

Riddhima clutched his shirt tightly in her fist, thereby feeling safe and secure. With Riva's hand over her stomach and Vansh's arm beneath her, she felt secure. She is not alone, her strength is with her. She can face the storm now, what are nightmares then.

Riva won't get any nightmares now. For she had her mumma and papa with her, together. She slept with a smile.

Next morning came with a new hope. Vansh was the first one to wake. He watched the sleeping ladies and smiled to himself. Just then the sun rays falling over Riddhima eyes, made her brows dance. He giggled at that and placed his hand above her face, protecting her from the rays.

The brightness getting faint made Riddhima suspicious and thus she opened her orbs to find Vansh staring her with his hands shielding her face. She gave him a small smile and sit straight.

"Goooood Mooorning Mumma and Papa.", Riva yawned while rubbing her sleepy eyes.

Riddhima smiled as she heard the word.

Riva then looked at Riddhima and hugged her tightly.

"Mumma when you were not waking na, then we all were so worried.", She said making her sad face which made Riddhima awe.

She pecked her cheek and pulled them.

"Mumma is always there with you.", She said and smiled at her own words.

'Mumma' didn't this felt new?

"Riva loves mumma.", Riva said childishly, hugging her more.

"Awe.. Mumma too loves baby doll.", Riddhima mimicked her.

"Papa too loves Riva and mumma", Vansh too hugged her from other side.

Before Vansh could realize what blunder he made, Anupriya entered the room.