She is my life

Vansh's pov

We were still inside the store room, but this time, I was not fighting with Kabir instead was trying to figure out his actions. He is not that bad. He had his reasons, but of course his path was wrong.

"Riddhima too lost her brother.", I looked towards Mrs Soni when she said those words. Kabir and Mrs Soni were talking for a long time, but I was engrossed in my own thoughts.

"You had a son too?", I inquired and she quivered.

"Umm.. no. I.. She..", She stuttered and breathed heavily. Kabir patted her back and I told her to take deep breaths. She calmed after some minutes but never uttered a word. She sat there silently looking at one direction with knitted brows.

Kabir and I looked at each other and shrugged.

"You said, you used to call her Riya?", Mrs Soni whispered.

"Sorry?", Kabir asked.

"Your sister. You used to call her Riya?", She repeated with twinkling eyes.

Kabir nodded with a frown.

"What was your sister's age, when that accident occur?"

Kabir gazed her face intently as if trying to process the reason for sudden interrogation. "She was six."

"God! I figured this.", She widened her eyes and looked at Kabir with shocked face.

What on earth is going on?

"What on earth is going on?", Kabir said the exact same words which I thought.

"Riddhima is your Riya.", This one statement which left her mouth was enough to shock the hell out of us. We both stood there stunned, staring Riddhima's mother as if she had grew two heads.

Kabir's eyes were filled with questions while Mrs Soni was surprisingly calm. She answered Kabir's all questions with patience and I was dumbstruck at the new found information.

It was my father's car that destroyed their happy family. Riddhima and Kabir were saved but their parents died in the crash. Kabir ran away searching for his sister, but his sister was there itself, with the police. They sent her to an orphanage. And The Sonis found her.

"It was always my fault.", The words left my mouth involuntarily but were true. It was really my fault. Kabir's plight, Riddhima's condition, everything was related to me. It was Dad's car. Those men who contemplated my father's car, didn't just killed my father, but destroyed Kabir and Riddhima's lives too.

"It was never your fault.", Kabir said and I found myself staring him. He held my shoulders and smiled a little.

"I was wrong. Wrong to seek revenge from you. It was a fatal accident which was destined. Nobody is at fault here.", He replied.

"Oh my god. Riddhima is my sister.", He whispered to himself with bright eyes.

I smiled at his reaction. It was really weird to see him like that. I never thought he would smile so widely at Riddhima's mention.

"Kabir are you in there?", I heard Riddhima's voice and turned around. All three of us were overwhelmed and yelled together.

I heard her opening the door and rushing inside. And then I saw her. Hair falling over shoulders and some tresses covering her face, her chest rising up and down and her lips carved in a tiny smile. She looked at us, while we were staring her.

This was a different thing. Kabir was not staring Riddhima, he was looking at his baby sister Riya, who had grown so much. Mrs Soni, was looking at her daughter who had lost her brother while I was looking at the woman, who was so strong and brave that even some men with guns couldn't hold fast her.

She ran towards her mother and hugged her tightly. I could see their expressions. I also noticed how Kabir was itching to hug her. It was surely difficult for him to not hug her after he got to know the truth.

She looked at us and told us to come out. Holding her mother from one hand, she held my hand from the other, taking us out.

Do I deserve her? After what all happened due to my family?

As we moved out, I saw military troops entering the hotel from back door. Finally, we are safe!

We rushed towards Ahana and Mr Soni, who were standing out of the hotel with some other people. We hugged each other, as if confirming we are fine. I noticed Riddhima being so relaxed and calmed and hugging everyone, including Ahana,

She forgave her, so easily. She really is a gem.

She turned around and stared me. And that's it. Her doe shaped eyes held so much power, that I couldn't think about anything else. Everything vanished. The surrounding, the people, the hotel. It was just her and me. She leapt over me and hugged me tightly. I smiled and leaned forward till our nose met.

I don't know, if I deserve her or not. But one thing I know is, I can't live without her. She is my life.

The moment interrupted when I heard her wincing. I looked at her and froze. She was shot by a bullet. It didn't took me long to realize that the bullet was meant for me. She took it to herself.

"Why Riddhima? Why didn't you let it hit me?", I cried. She can't just be a super woman and save me. That was meant for me.

"Because I couldn't. It's always you before me.", She whispered and my breath hitched. How could she say those words, so easily? I panicked as her eyes blinked furiously before closing.

No no. I shouted.

I don't know what happened after that. Only Riddhima had occupied my brain. Currently we were in hospital, sitting outside the OT. Dr Anuj was assisting the operation while others were sitting here.

Riddhima's mother was weeping while Ishani was calming her. And Mr Soni was sitting beside me, holding my hand. It was like we both were assuring each other.

"She will be fine.", I whispered to no one particular.

"Yes.", Kabir whispered. That's when I noticed, he too was sitting beside me. Ahana was sleeping at his shoulder while he was staring at the OT, without blinking.

He had got his sister after so long and now this....

"She is not doing good. We may probably lose her", I heard a nurse saying to Dr Anuj. That's it. I couldn't control.

"This is a freaking best hospital of this city and yet you are saying this nonsense! I don't know anything. She had to be fine. I don't want to hear any excuse. Do what you can but she should be fine.". I shouted. The nurse flinched and I pulled my hair.

I can't calm my mind. I need her. She is the only one who can calm me.

"Vansh. We will do our best.", Dr Anuj said.

"You must.", I yelled and stormed out, throwing everything that was coming in front of me. I can't lose her. She is my life.

                                          _________________________________________________

Hi!!

I wanted to inform you something. I and my friend have started a community @IMMJ2_FAN_PAGE. We had many projects in line but our first project, which is A Book Club, is published. Do check out the account and the book and join if you want to read more Riansh Works.