Stuck with the Enemy

Vansh's pov

We were walking towards the backdoor when I saw some terrorists entering the hotel through it. That's what I feared about. They got to know about this door also.

I quickly held Mrs Soni from one hand and Kabir's collar from the other and rushed inside a room. When I came to save Riddhima, I found about this room. It was a dark room which looked like store room so nobody entered it.

"What the hell man?", Kabir grunted as I pulled him.

"Shh", I whispered and hid boh of them beside a tin inside that room.

We need to hide here till these terrorists leave the backdoor. I helped Mrs Soni hid behind the big tin. Kabir and I had to hid behind the trunk.

We sat there for some minutes but still could hear their voices from outside.

"What are they even doing? Just go away already.", Kabir grunted while massaging his temples.

"Huh! Like they will listen your order.", I rolled my eyes and looked away.

I could feel his glare at me but I was bothered the least. We ignored each other for more time and when we couldn't hear any voices from outside, we rushed towards the door only to get horrified.

"It's locked from outside!", Kabir yelled.

"Wow. Thank you for telling me.", I rolled my eyes sarcastically. This man is really testing my patience. And guess what I am stuck with him in this room. Seems like those terrorists have latched the door from outside. Bloody moron!

"Now what?", I heard Mrs Soni's voice.

"Don't worry mam. Riddhima will find out about us.", It was Kabir who said this.

Mrs Soni ignored his statement and looked at me for reply. Ha! Serves you right Kabir.

"Don't worry Sweetheart. We will find a way.", I said sweetly.

She relaxed and Kabir frowned.

We three sat at the floor as we can't do anything else. I thought about breaking the door but it would only warn the terrorists. So it is better to stay calm and wait for someone.

"When did your parents die?", Mrs Soni asked Kabir.

"When I was sixteen.", He replied with a low voice.

"You said your sister..", she stopped as Kabir looked at her eyes.

"Riya! We used to call her Riya.", He said with a smile as if recalling those moments.

They talked about Kabir's family and I could see excitement in his eyes.

I feel, though Kabir has chosen the wrong way but he was not absolutely wrong. I can't imagine my life without my family. Probably, if I was at Kabir's place, I might also have thought about revenge. I could easily see how much he craved for his family. After all he had spent his childhood at an orphanage.

"Kabir. My father can't kill someone.", I said and watched his fiery eyes.

Before he could interfere, I said honestly, " Kabir. My father was a man of words. He was very honoured for his work due to which many people were jealous of him. Many people have tried to kill him. He did not died but was killed. A rival, templated with the car brakes and he died in a crash.".

Kabir stared me in astonishment. I know it would be hard for him to believe it but that's true. He sighed and closed his eyes.

Riddhima's pov

"Oh hello dear. Welcome to the group.", After hearing the voice, I didn't dare to open my eyes.

I gulped as I felt a cloth being tied around my eyes. And then being pushed by someone.

I could hear Ahana and Papa's curses, which means they also are being pushed like me. After some minutes, I felt a strong push due to which, I lost my balance and fell at something or somebody to be precise.

They ordered us to open the blindfold and we did as they said, only to find us in a dark room where we could see few more people.

"Now you newcomers. Kneeled down.", I looked towards the man who ordered us. His face was covered and all I could see was his bulgy body frame.

We did as they said and looked around. From this, all I could infer were they needed us. That's why we are not dead, yet. They held us as hostages. It means they definitely want something, probably from government.

The men went out after closing the door, leaving us alone. I looked around and found Ahana staring me.

"It will be fine.", I said softly and saw her blinking her tears.

"You indeed are a gem, Riddhima. Kabir never wanted good to harm you.", She said.

"Oh yeah. That's why you both tried to kill her right? So that she wouldn't be harmed?, Papa yelled.

"Papa..", I tried to interfere but Ahana counter reacted.

"What could we do? Your daughter poked her nose in our matters. We had to do something."

Before Papa could slap her, I shouted, "Enough." Ahana gave me a sharp look.

Ahana, you better thank me, because I know my father would have easily slapped you if it was not me who had interfered.

We sat there silently for a while but guess what, Ahana had to intervene.

"We never wanted to hurt you. Especially Kabir. He always saw you as his sister.", She sighed. I know she is saying truth.

"I don't want to talk about those things, Ahana. But do you think taking revenge was a right decision? Could revenge bring Kabir's family back?", I asked.

She lowered her gaze.

"And do you think your father will forgive you for what you have done? You have faked your own death.", I told her and I could see a tear slipping from her eyes.

"I know we are wrong. But Kabir! He had suffered much. I can't see his tears. I had to do something. You won't understand Riddhima. You don't know what it costs to be an orphan.", She sobbed.

"She knows how it feels to be orphan.", Papa said and I shook my head. No it's not the time. But he smiled and patted my head while Ahana looked at us with curious eyes.

"She was an orphan. We found her in an orphanage. And we are glad to find her." He said and I hugged him.

Yes, I was orphan. Was, Because now I have my family. Yeah, it was tough, being just eight and seeing my family dying in front of my eyes. But I learnt to live.

Ahana looked at me with shocked face. And I wiped my tears. I didn't know I was crying.

"My parents died in a car crash. I lost my brother too. He was nowhere to be found and police declared him dead.  Ahana, I too considered Kabir as my brother. I found my lost brother in him. But he was wrong. You were wrong. Your sufferings didn't mean you can make others suffer.", I explained.

"Maybe Vansh's father had killed his family purposely. So what? Is it right to take revenge from Vansh or his family? It was his father's deed, not his. So why him?", I asked.

She sighed and closed her eyes.

_____________________________

Happy New Year Doston!!!

My new year resolution ~ to complete this book asap. XD.

I would have finished this, but new year celebration had stopped me. You all too enjoy time with your family.

And I assure you, I will update frequently when my maternals will leave. Till then enjoy!