Protecting her

Vansh's pov

I was standing in Riddhima's room. Her room was as organized as her personality. I glanced around the room and smiled. Every corner was reminding me the time we spent together, the moments we did, the mischief we did, the laughter we shared...

I blinked my tears as I recalled her condition when I found her at the building.

Why did they kidnapped her? What did they gain? Why her? She is so pure and naive to do any wrong thing, why will anyone do this to her?

I pulled my hair in irritation. Above all the things, I was super annoyed at myself. I couldn't protect her. I failed. She had so much faith on me. She was constantly chanting my name and I.. I couldn't even.. Her condition is because of me. I hate myself now!

"Stop blaming yourself!", I heard Angre's voice and turned around.

He always know what's going on in my mind. I gave him a weak smile and hugged him.

"Thank you buddy. You helped a lot .", I thanked Angre genuinely. He has done a lot for me today.

"No need to thank me. I did my job.", He patted my back and told me to come out as doctor was there.

I quickly marched outwards and watched Doctor coming out of my room, where Riddhima was resting.

The doctor marched towards me, "Mr RaiSinghania, your wife is absolutely fit and fine now. She has little injuries which will heal with some days. I recommend a week rest to her.", She said and Angre helped her to reach out.

Everyone sighed after hearing her words and later started whispering and giggling. I gave them a confused look when the realization dawned upon me. She called 'my wife'! Did she just thought Riddhima to be my..?

"Looks like he understood."

"Yes look at his cheeks"

"Oh my god! My son is blushing"

I heard their squeals and moved from there.

Mom patted my shoulder and I glanced her. She smiled at me.

"I am happy that you found her safe and sound. Now we will protect her okay. Don't blame yourself.", She said and I nodded.

"And we all know you have already chosen your better half", she smirked now.

"Mom!", I shouted.

"Don't mom me.", She said with a stern face.

And that's when my two siblings entered with Angre, all of them staring me with weird looks.

"Bhai, Angre just told us what happened to you during your search operation.", Siya smirked.

"What happened?", Chachi asked with interest.

"Arre Mom, bhai was worrying for 'his Riddhima", Aaryan quoted his making others giggle.

I glared him and he stick out his tongue at me.

"We all know now, Vansh. It's better if you also accept it.", Chachu squeezed my shoulders.

"What papa has to accept?", Riva asked innocently.

"That Riddhima is not your Dr Ma anymore.", Siya said while coming to her level.

Riva's eyes brimmed with tears as she heard Siya's reply.

"Arre Riva. She is not your Dr Ma but your mumma.", Siya squealed and Riva looked at her with astonishment.

"Mumma!!! Yayy!! Papa, she is my mumma. I too have mumma!", She hopped and clapped around me.

I stared at her. Her face screaming happiness and eyes holding ecstasy made me emotional. My daughter was so happy. All because of one person, I loved. Yes, I know I loved her. But I never believed myself. But now, I accepted it. Yes, I was madly in love with her.

In no time, she had given me happiness, peace, tranquility. And today I promise myself, I will protect her till my last breath, no matter what.

We all decided to see her first, so we entered at the room where we found her sleeping innocently with a little frown on her face. Her lips protruding out like a little baby made her look more adorable.

Riva went towards her and laid beside her. She placed her tiny hands around her stomach and Riddhima too leaned towards her. The sudden touch of Riva, vanished that frown from her face. Everyone smiled at them and left me there alone.

I sighed and walked towards her. I caressed her hair with a small smile. Suddenly I saw something in her fist. I moved closer and tried to take it from her hand. But she had tightly held that paper. Finally after several attempts, I was successful in taking out the paper.

I opened the crumbled paper and widened my eyes as I read the words.

It was Ahana! She did all this. She clearly wants something from us. And look at her audacity. She is threatening my Riddhima in the name of Riva.

Play your stupid games Ahana, because now VR will show it's new version to you. You dare to harm her, now be ready to face my wrath.

Author's pov

With that, Vansh slept on the couch. The day was difficult for both of them. Riddhima who had to face such cruel reality of world was actually shaken to the core. What was scaring her more was the threat which was sent by unknown. Vansh too was afraid about the letter and Riddhima's condition. And thus he had taken the oath to protect his family till his last breath.

But what they didn't know was..... Ahana is not alone. She has her own protector. Own motive.

"I told you, not to touch her. How dare you!", Ahana shouted at her man whom she had hired to kidnap Riddhima.

"Mam, it was not me, but him. VR has already killed him.", The man replied.

"I am sorry Love. I told them not to touch her but they...", Ahana told her husband who was staring them with murderous eyes.

He glared everyone and just left from there, banging the door harshly.

"You won't get full payment now.", Ahana barked and threw a cheque on his face and left behind her 'love'.

A/N: Wohoo.. So Ahana's husband..hmm.. who is he? any guesses?

And talking about updates.. I am sorry!! I really wanted to give updates regularly but somehow I couldn't. I thought I will give you all a surprise and will finish this book at my birthday. *Yeah my birthday is coming.* But but but... something happened, actually a lot happened and I am so happy that I want to share this with you all.

Actually my father was transferred at some other place during covid. One whole year we had only seen him during festivities. And finally this October, he was transferred back! We all were so delighted.. after what felt like decades we four *me, my mother, my father and my sister* went out and did a small party. These days were so precious, so I was with my family. And actually I wanted to capture all these moments, since my hostel is opening and soon I will be leaving them. So I am happy and sad at the same time. But never mind.. He is back, that is what I always wanted..