Serene Night

Riddhima's pov

"I think, he too likes you.", I heard Kabir's words as he whispered in my ears, leaning towards me, while dancing.

I instantly looked at Vansh and found him already looking towards us with a frown.

Is it true? What Kabir said?

That thought instantly made my heart flutter. Oh my! Don't blush please.

Soon the song shifted and I found myself falling towards HIM. Oh no! God please save me from getting embarrassed. I could easily feel my cheeks getting red.

"What were you two talking?", He whispered coldly, his lips touching my ears. Only I know, how I have controlled myself from blushing. But he sounded....jealous?

Yes, yes. He is jealous!, I heard my inner voice. I bit my lip but then giggled when he narrowed his eyes. Oh god! He looks so cute with jealousy glint in his eyes. He asked me what I am doing and I pondered.

Should I reveal? Should I confess my love? No. Not here! I glanced the surrounding and then shook my head. We danced for a while, feeling each other's embrace and I lost myself in his eyes. I always felt like I was connected to him, to his family. Like tied to each other.

I didn't know for how much more minutes, I kept on admiring him, when suddenly I felt pinch on my waist. I yelped and glared him. He asked me where I was lost. Oh shoot! Song had already stopped and everyone had left the stage and here I am lost in him. I ran hiding my blush, towards Kabir and the unknown woman, who gave me weird vibes. When I reached Kabir, the woman already left him. Strange!

I shrugged and patted his shoulder. He looked at me.

"So sis. Did you confessed?", He asked.

Well, Kabir always gave me brotherly vibes so he started calling me sis. And I didn't mind. Why would I, when I never had a brother?

You had! , I heard my inner voice. Yeah, I had a brother, but he was snatched from me.. I don't want to recall that. I shook my head.

"No I didn't. But you know what, he sounded jealous!", I exclaimed cheekily and he glanced at Vansh. Suddenly his lips curved into a smirk.

"Let's make him jealous.", He said and I looked at him confused.

He pulled my cheeks and I stared him still being confused.

"Just play along, he is watching us.", He whispered and I giggled. Wonderful plan Kabir!

I wanted to do more but unfortunately my phone rang. I looked at it and found an unknown number calling me. I watched Kabir, he looked nervous and sad. I raised me brow to ask what happened but he just shook his head with a sad smile. Something's bothering him. I will ask him after answering the call.

I moved out, to answer the call as the party was on full swing.

"Hello.", I said but I couldn't hear anything from the other side. I tried to speak but nothing happened. Probably network issue. I marched backwards only to be pulled by a strong arm.

My body flew by itself and collided with Vansh. He held my waist and I hit his chest. His back collided with the wall beside him.

He was standing so close to me, holding me. It will take just an upward movement to crash my lips with his.

What are you even thinking?

Yes. Stop it! Focus! Why he did this? Before I could ask, he shouted on me. I was confused at his statement. Then he showed me the wires. Oh, I was going to step on it.