Planning the party

Riddhima's pov

I was sitting in the room idly when my phone rang. I picked up the call immediately when I found it was Kabir.

"Hello Riddhima. How are you?", He asked as he greeted.

I told him I am fine and he asked me about Vansh and others. After hearing Vansh's name I was zoned out.

He was still speaking but I was busy in thinking about Vansh.

Starting from the first encounter, where I mistook him for a burglar, and later felt embarrassed when I got to know the truth, he was nice to me.

I laughed when I recalled that incident.

Isn't he adorable?, I heard her again.

Yes he is.

Flashes of the night when I got to know about Riva being my daughter came in my mind. He was the one who give me strength that time.

You are falling for him girl!, She squealed and I smiled.

If that's true then... I am happy! I blushed and hid my face behind my hands. Ishh Riddhima you are behaving like a shying bride!

I stretched my legs and rested my head at the head board of bed.

Mainu ishq tera lae dooba
Ha ishq tera lae dooba

I hummed my favorite song and smiled.

Aisa kyu hota hai tere jaane ke baad
Lagta hai haathon mein reh gaye tere haath

I smiled as I sang ahead. This is true. Whenever he is not with me, still I think about him. I could feel him.

So.. is this love?

Yes stupid., She said.

I am in love!

Tu shamil hai mere hasne me rone me
Hai kya koi kami mere paagal hone mein.

I was grinning widely when I heard a deep voice.

"Why are you constantly smiling?"

He is here. Or am I imagining him? Oh man! I have really gone insane?

"Uh you are talking to someone?", He spoke again gaining my attention.

That's when I got to know he was really here. And oops! I was talking with Kabir. I checked the phone which was disconnected now. Probably Kabir must has disconnected because I wasn't answering.

I smacked my head.

"Ah yeah. Kabir was at call. How was your day?", I asked Vansh whose expressions hardened as soon as I spoke those words.

"Ohh Kabir. Never mind you continue your talk with Kabir and I will plan by my own.", He said and moved out.

What was that? What plan?

"Hey Vansh wait!", I shouted but he left.

Strange!

I checked my phone when I felt someone poking my arm.

"Mumma"

It was Riva.

"Yes cutie", I pinched her cheek and asked her. She was standing with her hands folded and the cute frown of hers.

"You are not coming?", She asked.

"Where?", I asked in confusion.

"Arre. Papa didn't told you?", She asked.

I shook my head and she smacked hers.

"Arre tomorrow it's Dadi's birthday. So we are planning for the party. He came to call you. Now come.", She took my hand and we reached Siya's room.

I narrowed my gaze at Vansh who also looked at me with weird expressions.

"Where were you Riddhima? We were waiting for you!", Siya said.

"She was busy talking with her Kabir.", Vansh spoke with a scowl.

What is his problem?

"Ohhh", Angre, Aaryan and Siya sang this in a same tone.

Vansh glared them and they suppressed their laugh.

Why it's always me who don't know anything?

Because you are dumb!, She said.

I groaned at my inner voice and sat beside Vansh.

We started planning for aunty's Birthday. Siya and Vansh were very excited for the same. Aunty has not celebrated her birthday after the death of Vansh's father, thus now they want to do something big for her.

We decided about giving her a surprise. We will not wish her throughout the day but will directly shout at the party.

"What about decorations?", Siya asked.

"I will do it. You all should go out for an outing meanwhile I will do all the preparations. I have an excuse too. My bedrest.", I exclaimed.

Atleast this bedrest is of some use.

"No you won't be staying alone. I will be there with you.", Vansh ordered.

"Me too", Riva announced.

Aaryan and Siya banged their heads.

Aaryan whispered something and earned a glare from Vansh.

"Okay so it's done. We all will go out. And you three will be spending time alone.", Aaryan spoke and Siya smacked his arm.

"I mean you three will be decorating the house."

We nodded and waited for the day to end. Actually I was all the more excited. For decorations only, not because I am going to spend time with Vansh alone.

I know the latter is truth, I heard her.

Whatever.

I slept waiting for the next day eagerly.

  _____________________________

Okay, so Riddhima is very excited for Anupriya's birthday. But a major dhamaka is waiting for you there!

And Birthday se yaad aaya, it was my Birthday yesterday *sheepish smile*

I got many gifts but what touched me was my birthday cake. My mother is actually a baker. She has her own shop of cakes which she operates from our home. She made a special cake for me yesterday.

 She made a special cake for me yesterday

This was the cake!

Did you noticed my books there? Mom decided this theme, since I am a big booklover. I was so overwhelmed.