First day at work

Riddhima's pov

I was drying my hair after bathing and dressing myself for my first day at work.

Arghh! I am hell nervous. I don't know why. Perhaps, because I am going to meet Dr Anuj today.
Dr Anuj Srivastava, under whom I am going to learn tactics of heart surgery, is actually my role model. I have heard a lot about him. He is very famous and reputed doctor of our country. I also want to become like him.

And today I am going to meet him. Uff!! Anxiety and nervousness at its peak..
relax Riddhi.

I spoke to myself and then I heard the door opening. I saw Riva entering my room with a small frown.

"What happened baby doll?", I asked and she looked at me shocked.

"Baby doll?", She repeated.

You my Riva. You are my baby doll. Since your birth. But how should I tell you this? I smiled with grimace.

"Umm.. I made a nickname for you. How is it?", I asked and she laughed, just like before.

"Yayy! That's cute. I am your baby doll.", She repeated and I smiled.

Then her frown returned and she sat on the bed with a thud , folding her hands to her chest.

"What happened baby doll?", I repeated and went towards her.

"Papa is busy. He is not helping me with my uniform.", She spoke in fake anger, showing her disheveled uniform.

I shook my head and adjusted her uniform properly. We laughed and talked about Vansh while getting ready. Riva told me a lot about Vansh and I just laughed at her theories.

I then made her two ponies and she jumped in happiness.

"Thank you Dr Ma.", She pecked my cheek and hugged me.

"Your welcome my baby.", I spoke and hugged her back.

We descended the stairs together after getting ready. Riva was holding my hand and I was carefully looking at our steps, so that none of us would fall.

We reached the hall where everyone were already seated waiting for us to began with breakfast.

I saw Vansh watching us with an amusing smile.

"Woah! Two ponies Riva.", He said with smile.

"Yes Papa. Aren't they cute? Dr Ma made them.", Riva said after running towards Vansh and showing him her two ponies.

"Yes your Dr Ma is cute.", Vansh said while staring me and I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"Bhai Riva meant 'cute' for her ponies", Siya commented and all others burst into giggles.

Vansh and me stared them unable to understand the reason for their laughter.

After finishing our breakfast everyone went to their works. Riva and Vansh were going towards car and I was booking a cab for myself when Riva stopped and pulled me with her.

"Dr Ma come with us na"

I looked at her and then at Vansh who was smiling mischievously.

"Come I will drop you too.", He said and grabbed my other hand.

Both of them were holding my hands and were pulling me. Unknowingly, a smile crept on my face. I looked at our interlocked hands and my smile widened.

Wait..but why was I smiling?

"Get in Riddhima.", Vansh's voice brought me back and I sat on the passenger seat, beside Vansh.

After dropping Riva to school, Vansh stopped in front of my hospital.

"All the best for your first surgery. And relax I can see your nervousness.", I heard him and smiled. I walked inside the hospital, thinking about his words.

Wait.. how did he know I am going to get my first surgery today? I glanced back, but he was already gone. I sighed, and marched inside.

After taking my Id and coat, I marched towards head's cabin.

Knock knock.

I knocked the door and heard a known voice. "Come in".

I walked inside and got shocked to see Vansh there.

"Vansh! What are you doing here?", I shouted.

He smirked and pointed towards a name plate that was lying on the desk. I gasped after seeing it and stared him in disbelief.

Vansh RaiSinghania ~ owner of Lifelines Hospital.

"What? You are the head?"

He nodded while laughing.

"Why didn't you tell this before?", I narrowed my gaze, folding my hands.

"Then how could I see this grumpy version of yours?", He wriggled his brows and grinned.

I huffed and pouted.

Just then the Cabin door creaked open, revealing an aged well dressed man.

He walked inside and nodded at Vansh. Then he glanced at me and nodded again. I too bowed and smiled.

"Dr Riddhima, he is Dr Anuj Srivastava, your senior. You will be working with him.", Vansh said and I couldn't help but smile like a Cheshire cat.

Dr Anuj Srivastava!!! Oh my god! My ideal! He was standing in front of my eyes!

"Here take your first case with him.", Vansh said while giving me the file. I quickly grabbed it and both of them chuckled at my excitement.

I was standing in the OT, doing my first surgery, with my ideal beside me. Could this day turn better?

I followed his orders and we finished the surgery together. After coming out from the operation theatre, he praised me for my work and I was on cloud nine. I shook hands with him, when I noticed a familiar figure behind him.

I peeped beside him and saw Dr Kabir smiling at me.
I ran towards him and we shook our hands.

"Glad to meet you again Dr Riddhima.", He said and I smiled.

I met him during my flight to Mumbai. He was so kind and humble man.

"Kabir you know Dr Riddhima?", Anuj Sir spoke and we both nodded.

"Yes Papa. I told you about the woman I found in flight, right? It was her.", Kabir said and I watched Anuj sir's lips curved into a smile.

"Oh I see.", He said and went inside his cabin, leaving us alone.

We chatted like long lost buddies and Kabir told me about this hospital. I also told him about my stay at VR Mansion and saw him surprised about the same.

After talking for some more time, he showed me my cabin. I thanked him and walked inside my cabin.

Dr Riddhima Soni, the cabin door had my name inscribed on it. I smiled at that. My father always wanted to see this. If only he was here!

I marched inside my cabin, to find a lady sitting on the waiting chair.

"Hello Miss. I didn't knew you were waiting.", I said while taking my seat.

"Yes Riddhima, I was waiting for you.", I heard the creaky voice and glanced upwards.

"Ahana", I whisper-shouted and she smirked.