My Happiness

Vansh's pov

Riddhima disappeared from the kitchen after knowing about my 'sweetheart' and didn't showed her face.

Argh! It has been half an hour. Where has she hid herself? I groaned and roamed around the mansion, in search of her.

That's when I heard some giggling voices coming from the hall. I went towards the place and peeked while leaning beside the pillar.

Riddhima, Riva and Aaryan were decorating the hall and were giggling. Aaryan had almost tripped thrice from the tall stool at which he stood to hang the ribbons. Riva was making fun of him and Riddhima was suppressing her laughter.

When has Aaryan arrived? I thought but my trance broke as I heard another fit of laughter.

Aaryan was holding his stomach and was laughing madly while lying on the floor. Riva was suppressing her laugh. While Riddhima was glaring both of them while lying on the floor at her butt, seems like she fell.

"You two just wait and watch!", She shouted and ran beside Aaryan who held Riva in his arms and ran around the house. Riddhima was following him and all three of them were giggling and shouting like kids. Their laughter and shouts filled the atmosphere of the mansion.

It has been ages since the mansion thrived with so much laughter and happiness. Specially at this day, Mom's birthday! After the demise of my father, everything become so pale, so dull. Mom forgot to smile, which resulted in Siya's breakdown. Chachi and Chachu too were burdened with duties and Aaryan also become unhappy.

But after Riddhima's arrival, I could see my old family back. The happiness and laughter which was missing from our lives was back. She is indeed the magic and the missing piece of our life.

I felt something hit my face and glanced upwards only to find Riddhima glancing at me with her hands folded.

"Are you just going to watch this chaos as an audience or will help me to punish your brother?", She asked me.

"No!! Bhai will not help you Riddhima. He is on my side.", Aaryan shouted from the far off end holding Riva in his hands and showing his tongue.

Riddhima glanced at me with her pleading eyes which instantly melted me and I ran towards Aaryan and caught him.

I brought him towards Riddhima who was laughing at Aaryan's plight while the latter was glancing me with dramatic hurt expression.

"You traitor! You haven't even got married to her. God knows how much blindly you will follow her when you both will be hitched.", He whispered and I twisted his ears.

Riddhima pulled Aaryan's cheeks and patted his hair.

"I had so much fan. I recalled my brother.", She said while smiling widely.

Wait.. she has a brother? But she only has one sister. Before I could ask her, she diverted the topic and asked for help to decorate the left over mansion.

All four of us decorated the mansion while laughing, hitting and teasing each other in between. By the time we finish everything our stomach and cheek muscles were hurting a lot because of so much laughter. Never in my life have I laughed that much.

It was time for their return. And as soon as I thought this, I heard Siya's voice.

"They are here.", Aaryan whispered and gestured Riddhima. She ran towards the door and took Mom towards her room through the back door, so that she could not see the decorations.

We all also changed for the party. Later, Riddhima bought mom down whose eyes were blindfolded and was whinning like a child.

"Riddhima. Tell me na what is it?", We heard her whinny voice and chuckled at her desperation.

As she bought her at the centre, I opened her blindfold, revealing the surprise to her.

"Tadaa!", Riddhima whispered.

"Happy Birthday!!", We all shouted together in Mom's ears and she closed her ears while glaring all of us.

"I thought you all forgot.", She pouted and we laughed.

"No Mom. It was Riddhima's plan to surprise you like this. We wanted you to enjoy the day like we used to do ages ago.", Siya said with a small smile and hugged mom.

We all surrounded mom waiting for our turns to hug but she stretched her arms wide and we all engulfed her in a group hug.

"Thank you!", She replied as she was overwhelmed.

We all showed her the decorations as there was time for arrival of guests.

"Badi mom, this was done by me!", Aaryan shouted as we watched ribbons hanging down.

"Yes of course. Who will mention the chaos you did?", I glared.

Riddhima narrated the whole story to them and Mom started laughing at them.

"Kids!", Mom banged her head while smile never leaving her face.

I watched around and found similar expressions at every face. I looked at Riddhima who blended here like she was always the part of the family. I can't help but smile at my family.

Soon, guests started arriving and I was waiting for the arrival of someone special. Afterall they could bring a big smile on the face of my Happiness.

______________________________

You know while writing this chapter, which song was revolving in my mind?

Hua hai aaj pehli Baar
Jo aise muskuraya hu
Tumhe dekha to jaana ye
Ki kyun duniya mein aaya hu

Happy Diwali to all of you! Enjoy a lot haan. Be safe too.