80. Breakfast

Assalamu alaykum!

Please watch the YouTube video in the media section on how to prepare for Ramadan :)
It's never too late to start preparing!
Also - another reminder for those who haven't made up their missed fasts from last year due to menses or any other reason - then do make them up now before Ramadan commences inshaaAllah!
May Allah swt allow us all to reach the blessed month. Ameen ❤️

I have also created an Instagram account for anyone who wants to follow me x the link to my profile is in the bio 🥰

Not edited , but still vote & comment 🥺

CW: Brief mentions of rape, pedophilia, trauma

- KING'S POV -

Somehow it only took me thirty minutes to get to my dad's house. It wasn't a very good thing, but until I pulled up to the large gates, I didn't even remember anything from the drive here. It was blank. I was sure I had sped and probably been snapped by a few traffic cameras along the way.

"Open up, Greg, it's me." I said into the intercom as soon as it buzzed and the click sounded before the gates began to open. I drove the car up and around the driveway towards the security box, turning the car off and stepping out at the same time that Greg walked out, buttoning up his shirt and clearing his throat.

"Surprise visit, King?" He asked, his voice indirectly questioning my reason for being here.

"Yes. I need to speak to you and Linda. Now, preferably." I said, turning around and jogging up the front steps before ringing the doorbell.

Linda opened up, her eyes lighting up as soon as she saw me. "King, what a lovely surprise!" She smiled, opening the door wider and letting me through.

I smiled at her briefly. "Yeah, I came to talk with you and Greg." I said, walking into the lounge room and taking a seat on the couch. Greg walked in after me whilst sharing a curious glance with Linda. "You guys can sit." I said, gesturing to the couches when I realised they were standing across me, Linda's arms joined in front of her and Greg's behind his back. Once they were both seated awkwardly on the couches to my side I told them why I was here.

"I want to know everything. I trust you both more than my dad and you've both been around long enough to know everything I want to find out." I explained.

"King, I...we have both given a vow to Mr Patterson to never speak of the events of the past regarding your mother."

"It's fine Linda." A new voice joined us and I didn't need to turn around to know that it belonged to my father. Greg and  Linda quickly stood up in their seats and I exhaled, rubbing my forehead. I didn't need him to be here. "You may both sit." He added. "King's old and mature enough to be made aware of his childhood. Tell him whatever he wants to find out." He said, walking casually into the room and taking a seat on his single armchair. "Greg. You know much more than Linda. Start from the beginning."

I knew that Greg knew my father longer than Linda. Greg was old old. He used to work for my late grandfather before he began working for my dad. Apparently I had only met my grandfather a handful of times before he died, but that was in infancy and so I don't remember any of it of course. My grandmother, who I hadn't met, had died during the birth of my father, her only child who she never got to meet.