88. I trust you.

- A'ISHAH'S POV -

"Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, habibti. Come inside." I greeted, watching sister Aleena walk through the door and take her shoes off.

"Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. How are you?"

"I'm well. Come take a seat."

She walked over to the couch and got comfortable after confirming that King was at work, leaning back on the couch and puffing out air. "I'm so drained, A'ishah. These children at the childcare suck up all my energy."

"Is it that bad?"

"It's worse than bad. It's terrible. I love them all. But they're horrible. But I do love them, but still, they're a nightmare." She laughed, making me laugh with her.

"It sounds like it's a love/hate relationship."

"Oh definitely." She chuckled.

"Are you good with kids?" She paused. "I mean, not that you really have a choice anymore." She glanced at my belly and I laughed, reflexively placing my hand over it.

"I have always wanted to be a mum, but I'm also very sensitive, so the pregnancy has been doing a number on me."

"Is King on the receiving end of your pregnancy wrath?" She laughed and I nodded whilst covering my face.

"Aleena, when I tell you that I cry sometimes because he doesn't say Goodnight to me."

"You're joking."

"No! I wish I was." I yelled comically. "I'm telling you, it's bad."

"Well you are a queen in Islam, habibti, so it is only right that he treat you as such." She winked.

"Alhamdulillah." I smiled, feeling my cheeks burn up. He really did treat me well and I liked to think that I reciprocated by treating him like a king.

"Let's hope your brother also lives up to my expectations." She joked.

"If he doesn't, you have me as support. But I'm sure he'll do fine." I smiled. "Speaking of my brother..."

"Yes, wedding preps. So I've bought my notebook and laptop..."

"No, Aleena. There's something else. He actually needs to talk to you about something if that's okay. I'll message him so he can come over."

Her face dropped instantly. It looked like a million thoughts were running through her head, and not a single one of them were positive. I didn't blame her. I would probably have the same reaction.

"Is he getting cold feet. Because if he is, A'ishah I really can't deal. I'm not going to go into marriage with someone who doesn't know what they want."

"No, no, no." I quickly stopped her from assuming any further. It was so interesting to see how different her and I were. If I was in her shoes I would have been on the verge of breaking down, but she was able to turn her emotions off and go completely cold in a split second as if she wasn't even the one being affected by the entire thing. It was odd to see, but I knew that her tribulations in life had led her to not settling for anybody. She was beyond that. She was done with heartbreak and she couldn't risk going through a breakdown of any sorts. "It's nothing like that. I promise he has no cold feet. I would tell you the topic but he wanted to say it himself."