85. Janazah [Islamic Burial]

Whoops. Guess who published late...again? Me.

I formally apologise to each and every one of you.

A very belated Eid Mubarak to you all ❤️

Don't forget to fast your 6 days of Shawwal also!

Votes and comments will be greatly appreciated xx
JazakumAllahu khayr ❤️

- KING'S POV -

'Every soul shall taste death, and only on the Day of Judgment will you be paid your full recompense.'

All things in this life were destined for a certain death. This was the only certainty of us all. That one day we will all die. The uncertainty was when. 

Unfortunately most people thought that they had until 80 or 90 to live, but not everyone is that lucky. Death can come at anytime. You do not have to be sick or unwell to die an untimely death.

It may be a car accident or it may be a heart attack - it could be because of so many reasons that you could pass away within the next 24 hours, and unfortunately you can no longer come back.

[For such is the state of the disbelievers], until, when death comes to one of them, he says, "My Lord, send me back
That I might do righteousness in that which I left behind." No! It is only a word he is saying; and behind them is a barrier until the Day they are resurrected.
23:99-100

"Am I allowed to wash her for the ghusl or no?" I asked, glancing sideways at A'ishah and averting my eyes from my mothers coffin for a few seconds.

She frowned up at me and shook her head slowly. "Habibi, the way things were done at the time of the Prophet, peace be upon him, was always that when a woman died, she would be washed by other women, not by men, even if they were mahrams to her. The only exception is in the case of a wife who chooses to wash her husband or a husband who chooses to wash his wife."

"That makes sense." I nodded briefly before looking back over at the coffin.

It was only us here along with the imam at the moment. Everyone else had gone home to shower and change until it was time for dhuhr but since A'ishah and I had the chance to do that earlier today, we didn't need to. To be honest, even if I did need to, I didn't feel like I could leave to go anywhere right now.

My mother had passed away at I:23pm in her sleep while I wasn't at the hospital. By the time I had gotten there, doctors had already finished their final vitals check and written up her death certificate which A'ishah had signed.

- Flashback -

As soon as I walked into the room, the chatter, which was minimal anyway, died down completely until you could hear a pin drop in the room. Everyone was looking my way but all I could focus on was the white blanket that was covering my mother from my view, her silhouette beneath it, completely stiff. The room felt cold. Freezing in fact, as though all the warmth had been sucked out of the room as soon as life was taken from her soul.

I had been mentally preparing myself for this view for the past few days...or even the past few months actually, but it was still difficult and although I managed to hold in my tears, I couldn't seem to swallow the painful and steadily growing lump that had lodged itself into my throat.