46: Police - Qiyaam al Layl

^ watch the media ^

SHOUT OUT TO:

LiveLikeATraveller

EVERYONE FOLLOW HER ❤️🥰

- KING'S POV -

Sometime during the night I must have dozed off. The last I remember I was on the abuaminaelias website reading through a few hadith and ayat on anger. I distinctly remember seeing the time 4:45, but nothing beyond that.

After waking A'ishah up for fajr, I asked her if she was okay to stay on her own while I went to the masjid. When she told me she would be perfectly okay, I left, getting into the car and driving to the masjid, hoping that Ayman would be there.

As I pulled into a park spot, I saw Ahmad getting out of his car. "Assalamu alaykum, brother." He spoke coming over to shake my hand.

I responded to his greeting and he commented on the bags under my eyes. I had only slept for about an hour.

"Just not used to working day shift." I said simply, not telling him anything about what had happened to A'ishah.

"You go ahead, I have to make a call." I told him.

"Okay. The adhaan is in like 5 minutes though." He warned and I nodded, tapping his back as he walked away, up the stairs and into the masjid while I called my manager at work, knowing that he started at 6am.

After apologising and stating that it was a family emergency, he assured me it was fine and I hung up the phone shortly after, walking into the masjid I took my spot beside Ahmad, giving salaam to a few of the other boys too.

"Are you staying for the lecture?" Ahmad asked me and I nodded at him, asking if he knew the topic. "Yeah, apparently he's going to do it on tahajjud. It's going to be a short lecture, I think he leaves to Egypt in the morning." He said, making me widen my eyes.

"I didn't know that was today!" I spoke. I do remember Hussain telling me that our imam was moving to Egypt indefinitely, but I had no clue that it would be so soon. Alhamdulillah we had found another imam. Someone local who was looking for a masjid to be an imam at.

"Have you told your parents about the Hanifa thing?" I asked him quietly making a smile show on his face instantly.

"Yeah, I told them that night." He chuckled. "They're going to call Hanifa's parents in a few days. My sister has a few fundraising events happening at her work place and I want her to be there too if we go." He explained.

I leaned against the pillar as the speakers turned on and the adhaan was being recited.

(A/N: prepare for a back to back hadith session 😂)

A few people who were reciting Quran stopped, placing their mushaf down on their lap as they listened to the muezzin.