6: Ball

Be prepared for the first mention of A'ishah in this chapter. 👀

--- K I N G ---

"I'm surprised you're here for dinner." My dad spoke as he came down the stairs and came into the dining room where I was sitting across his wife, already eating my food while she was waiting.

"Don't get used to it." I muttered dryly as he pulled the chair out and sat down after he shared a kiss with his trophy wife, taking the fork and knife in his hands and beginning to cut the pork rib.

"I'd appreciate it if you waited next time." He said and I clenched my jaw, my shoulders tensing as I tried to ignore what he had just said. This is why I'm never home. I come to eat dinner once in a blue moon and every single time he makes me regret it and makes me wish I never came in the first place.

"Don't push it." I replied simply, narrowing my eyes at my plate, feeling as though I had lost my appetite. He can't just let me eat in bloody peace. Hell, he doesn't let me do anything in peace. Always sticking his nose into my business.

"I need you to come to the firm tomorrow." He said as he swallowed his food and asked Linda, the maid, to bring a colder jug of water while Nadia looked up through her eyelashes between me and my father, clearly realizing the escalating tension.

"I'm not coming anywhere." I replied, not wanting to go spend a whole day following him around while he ordered people around and made me handle paperwork. I'm surprised that after all the fights we have, he still wants me to takeover his business when he's dead. If I had a son like myself, I'd have told him to get out of my house already.

"Yes, you are. I have a heap of paperwork to get done as well as multiple meetings." He said as he narrowed his eyes at me. I continued eating and ignored him. I wasn't going. He could handle his business himself for all I care. I had gone last month. That was enough to last me at least another two months before I sucked it up and went again for a day or two.

"King! I am talking to you!" He shouted and I noticed both Linda and Nadia flinch slightly as the booming voice that filled the silence all of a sudden.

"And I am going out." I spoke, shooting out of my seat, the legs of the chair screeching against the floorboard as I left my fork and knife. I walked up the stairs, ignoring his shouting after me as I quickly packed a small bag and took my jacket, wallet and phone in my hand. My car was in service so it looks like I'd have to take one of my dad's drivers' cars. I had a party to get to.

||||

"Good morning." A voice said. I screwed my eyes shut as I realized it was a female and I was in a foreign bed. Great. Yet another morning. Why couldn't these girls just leave before I woke up?

"It is not a good morning." I answered as I groaned and rubbed my hands over my face, turning my head to look at her. She was a blonde. I didn't even like blondes that much.

"I got you these." She said, handing me two pills. I sat up and took them from her, mumbling a small thanks and swallowing them with no water before getting out of the bed.

"Where are you going?" She asked me as I began getting dressed and only now did I realize that I was in a girls bedroom. Was this her house? Was it her party? I was so confused, but thinking about the questions only made my head hurt more.

"What's the time?" I asked her, shrugging on my jacket and picking up my phone that was dead and my keys. Did I drive here drunk?