48: Fight

Since there isn't a reminder in this chapter - I've added one in the media section.
Check it out!

- KING'S POV -

I stood at one of the many entrances of the hotel complex, my back straight and my hands joined in front of me as I listened to the updates coming through my ear piece, my eyes gliding left and right, looking for any sign of reckless behaviour.

Alhamdulillah after changing to day shift, I barely had witnessed any issues. Most of the dramas occurred at night time when people came to gamble or drink and their drunken state had caused them to act recklessly.

"King, shift over in 8 minutes." I heard in my earpiece before he instructed one of the other guards to come to my position to take my place.

I still didn't know many of my colleagues from day shift and I did miss my old colleagues since we had all gotten along well during our breaks. Day shift workers were quite older. This was their full time job, whereas at night shift, a lot of the guys were similar to my age and had uni etc.

Eight minutes seemed to drag along, but alhamdulillah, once it came to an end and the new guard came to take my place, I walked to the staff elevators and buzzed the doors open with my badge, making my way down to the locker room where I took off my suit and hung it in the dry cleaner cupboard.

After getting my duffle bag, I placed my tag into one of the pockets and threw my bag over my shoulder, leaving through the doors that led to the underground car park. As soon as I drove out of the ramp and my phone had service, I dialed A'ishah's number, wanting to ask if she was at the hospital.

She had messaged me an hour ago, notifying me that my mothers results had been delayed until tomorrow and that they had taken a few more blood samples from her. It worried me, to say the least, but I had to continue praying that nothing would come of it.

"Assalamu alaykum." She chirped, immediately putting a smile on my face. God, I loved more than anything hearing her voice after a long day at work.

"Wa alaykum salam, sweetheart. What are you upto?" I asked her, pulling to a stop at the red light.

"I'm at the hospital." She responded, putting an even wider smile on my face.

All praise was to Allah for blessing me with a wife as giving, caring and as selfless as A'ishah.

"How's mum?" I asked her.

"Good." She replied. "I've been here for about four hours. She's been okay. She slept for about an hour. She's eating now. I helped the nurses bathe her before. Alhamdulillah, she's well." She said and I could hear the smile in her voice.

I knew there were many more women in the world who also cared for their mothers-in-law the way A'ishah did, but for me to be blessed with A'ishah made me the happiest man on earth. Especially considering the fact that before A'ishah came along, my mother was the only person in the world who I cared for and loved. It was only her. I didn't have anyone else.

So now, for the second most important person in my life to love the first and care for her the same way she would her own mother had my heart so full.

"JazakAllahu khayr, love." I spoke, wishing I could hug and kiss her right now.

"Ameen wa iyyak, habibi." She spoke. "It's my pleasure. Your mum is my mum." I smiled at her words and she then asked me if she should tell my mum that I was also on my way to see her, but although I wanted to see my mum, I had bigger fish to fry tonight.