38: Eid

Don't kill me, I know it's been 29 years since the last update LOOOOOL sorry love bugs xx

- KING'S POV -

"Bro, I can't believe Ramadan is officially finished." Ayman spoke as we walked out of the masjid after Maghreb salah.

'Itikaaf was great. Probably one of the most rewarding and rejuvenating spiritual moments I've ever had since becoming a Muslim. Spending the whole time doing nothing but worshipping Allah ‎ﷻ with no distractions felt indescribably amazing.

Just like the imam said, 'during these blessed numbered days we all feel so good and happy because we are doing exactly what we were created to do.'

As Allah says in the Quran, 'And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.'
51:56

"It feels so weird not having been on my phone for over a week, alhamdulillah." Bilal spoke.

I nodded in agreement, but to be completely honest, it wasn't being phoneless that was affecting me most. It was A'ishah.

I had not heard from her since we had entered itikaaf.

I knew that she was safe with her mum, but that still didn't help ease the worry and longing I had for her.

I just wanted her back already so things could go back to normal.

I was already nervous as I got into my car, feeling jumpy in my seat. It felt like forever to drive to Bilal's house and drop him off before making my way to A'ishah's parents' home.

Ayman and baba said that they would stay a little longer and come back later on, but I was out as soon as I knew my itikaaf was complete.

I made a quick pit stop at the petrol station, buying a small bouquet of red roses along with a block of her favourite chocolate. I remembered to buy her mother a bouquet of colluded flowers as well.

The day I left her at her mum's house was still fresh in my mind. I was almost going to go into survival mode knowing I wouldn't be seeing her for the next ten days.

- flashback -

"King! Yallah, bro. It's almost Maghrib we're running out of time." Ayman called from the foyer as I sat on the couch beside A'ishah, my hand resting on her knee, watching her with a faint smile as she texted someone.

She looked up at Ayman's voice, her lips parting before a slight frown took over as she looked at me and we met each other's gaze.

"Don't pout. It's only ten days." I told her, the words not easing the ache in me in the slightest - but I hoped that it eased hers. That was more important.

She nodded, her frown deepening regardless.

"You won't go back home, as promised." I told her and she sighed, nodding her head. Despite telling me countless times that our house was safe enough for her to stay in alone for ten days, I was still more comfortable with her staying with her mum. Baba had decided last minute to also do itikaaf this year and so that also meant that her mother wouldn't be alone.

"I'll miss you." She smiled softly, pulling herself up using my arm before stepping closer and wrapping her arms around my waist. I wrapped my own arms around her firmly, pulling her further into me and kissing the top of her head. "I'll miss you more." I told her honestly.