56: Stress - Ali ibn Abi Talib RA

vote & comment

- A'ISHAH'S POV -

While I was sitting on the dining table, eating cereal and reading through my lecture notes, I heard the soft pattern of feet come closer to the living and dining area.

"Morning, babes." Elizabeth yawned as she spoke, stretching her arms over her head with a soft groan.

"Morning." I smiled at her as she walked closer and put her hands on the back of the chair King always sat on when we had dinner and asked what I was doing.

"Remember, I told you that I have an Islamic class today?" I asked and she nodded in response. "Yeah, I wrote my notes more than two weeks ago so I'm just refreshing my memory and reading over them." I told her.

"Oh, cool. When was that? Twelve?" She asked me, rubbing her eye and yawning again.

"Eleven actually. In an hour." I spoke and she nodded.

"I can drop you off." She said, making her way to the kitchen. I heard her open a cabinet as she asked me where the coffee pods were.

"In the basket on the second shelf." I spoke and she thanked me, taking one and putting it into the coffee machine, placing a mug under the spout and pressing the button right as my phone dinged with a message from the bank, stating that I received a transfer and then right after showing a message from King at the top of the screen.

Hubs 💍💞 - Transferred you $50 for an Uber to your halaqah.

"Are you sure you'll be able to drop me off?" I asked Beth, turning in my seat to look at her. "I can just take an Uber."

She shook her head immediately, looking up from her phone to look at me. "I'll drop you off. I might even stay and listen if I'm allowed to. That way I can drop you back here." She said and I smiled, nodding and agreeing with her.

Beth was so so lovely. Despite her personal preferences and views being on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, she was kind at heart and someone I seemed to click with instantly.

I was extremely nervous when I had gone to meet her initially, but as soon as we sat down, all my nerves had dissipated.

I couldn't recall a single other time when I had felt comfortable with someone whilst meeting them for the first time.

Even after marrying King, having already met up and spoken to him almost ten times, I was still nervous with him and it still took me a week to start being open and comfortable with him.

Beth was an exception. I instantly felt comfortable with her, and for that reason alone, I knew I could trust her. Deep down, I knew that no harm could come to me from Beth.

I picked my phone back up to respond to King.

Me - Thanks, but Beth offered to drop me off xx

I didn't wait long for his response.

Hubs 💍💞 - Of course she did.

Me - Something wrong with that?

Hubs 💍💞 - Should I be jealous? It feels like she's stealing you from me.

Me - Maybe you should be 🤷‍♀️ I love her already hehe

Hubs 💍💞 - Wow. It took you almost a month to tell me you loved me.

Hubs 💍💞 - Tell her to drive safe.