65: Rules - After Your Death

Watch the video in the media section first.

- KING'S POV -

I don't know why I left the house, or where I even planned on going. I drove around mindlessly for over an hour, not even realising where I had come at this point.

Throughout the entire drive, I kept replaying A'ishah and I's argument over and over until eventually, my mind began betraying me.

I slowly started to see what A'ishah was trying to tell me and I hated it.

I hated that I had accused her of not wanting Beth when she was the one who had suggested it to me in the first place, long before I even acknowledged that Beth was my sister.

That, she was also right about. I hadn't acknowledged Beth literally until an hour before I decided to tell her to live with us.

Hell, I had called her names only a few minutes before that.

It was normal for A'ishah to think that I would end up changing my mind in a week or two. Not only was it normal for her to think that way, but now I also wasn't sure if it was the best decision to make at the spur of the moment.

She was crying. We explained our lives to each other briefly. I invited her to live with us.

Even right now, I wasn't so sure if it was the best idea to have done so.

Did I really want her to live with us?

"Such an idiot, King." I muttered to myself.

No matter what happened from this point on, I had no luxury of kicking Beth out. I hope that it never got to that point and that she respected A'ishah and I's lifestyle, but even when the going got tough, A'ishah would completely flip it if I ever decided to kick Beth out on the street.

I parked in the driveway and as I approached the door, I heard loud laughter from both Beth and A'ishah coming from inside which ceased as soon as I stuck my keys in and pushed it open.

"Your laughing can be heard from outside." I told them both, though I only focussed my gaze onto A'ishah. She knew what I meant quickly and averted her eyes, clearing her throat.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

Allah swt says in verse 32 of surah Ahzaab,
O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep your duty (to Allaah), then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy, or evil desire for adultery) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.

Allaah wanted to teach them the means of removing impurity and the means of purification, even though they were members of the Prophet's household and were the purest women ever known on earth. Other women are in greater need of these means than those who lived in the household of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

This does not mean that a woman should not speak in public. This simply means that even a woman's voice can be enticing to men who have evil within their hearts, and so, the way of the Muslim woman was to not be overly loud or bubbly in public, or in places where non mahrams could hear them, for this could attract the wrong attention.

Some scholars were of the opinion that a woman's voice is also awrah and they should not speak in front of non mahram men unless necessary.

Although A'ishah and I both did not follow that opinion, neither of us were fond of the idea of a woman laughing loudly or being overly dramatic/enthusiastic with her speech in public, or in a situation where non mahram men could potentially hear.