27: Always

I put a lot of effort into this chapter, so please vote and comment as much as you can to give me some motivation, because my will to write has been lacking lately :( x

- KING'S POV -

I stood there frozen, my whole being deflated at the sight in front of me. I wasn't sure if I should have went to them or not.

Maybe she didn't want to see me anymore. Maybe she realised that perhaps she wasn't the girl to take on living with me and my father. Maybe she wasn't strong enough to stick with me through this.

Was this really the end?

I swallowed the lump in my throat, realising that my eyes had glossed over. I could have broken in to tears right now simply because seeing her in pain frustrated me to no end, especially knowing my own dad was the cause of it.

I slowly walked to them, my heart pounding against my chest.

I didn't even have time to worry about whether Ayman himself would want his sister marrying me anymore. The only thing on my mind was whether or not A'ishah thought this was it for us.

I got close to them, standing a few feet away. A'ishah softly hiccuped and Ayman rubbed circles into her back. "Come on, sis. We knew something like this would happen." He told her.

Her breaths became quieter and her sobs died down. She nodded her head against his chest and he pulled away from her, holding her by her shoulders at arms length. "You good?" He asked and she nodded at him before looking at me.

She managed to look into my eyes for a few moments before lowering her gaze shamefully as if she had failed or something and thought I would be disappointed.

"Are you okay?" I asked slowly. Maybe it was a dumb question to ask at the moment, knowing full well, no, she was not okay, but I didn't care.

"Alhamdulillah ala kulli hal." She answered and although I didn't understand the phrase, I got alhamdulillah and that was enough.

I wanted to speak up and say something, but I had absolutely no clue what to say or where to begin. To be honest, all I wanted was for her to tell me she was still willing to marry me so all my worries could be set aside.

"I'll leave you both for a few minutes. King, I'm glad you didn't yell at him." Ayman said looking at me and I looked at him solemnly.

"I sort of did after you walked out..." I trailed off making him narrow his eyes at me. "I tried my hardest. Don't give me that look." I muttered and he exhaled, shaking his head as he got into the car, shutting the door after himself.

It was silent as we stood across from each other for a few moments, the only noise heard was the low rumble of cars in the distance and the trees rustling in the soft breeze.

"I am sorry." She slowly uttered with a sniffle, breaking the silence while not meeting my gaze, making my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.

This was it. It was really over.

She had realised that she didn't want to put up with my dad and was ending it. I wanted to yell and shout at her for giving up on us too quickly but I couldn't. She deserved a father in law that wouldn't treat her like this.