63: Brother

MEDIA SECTION FIRST

Date: 9 March 2013: Kimani Gray

Date: 17 July 2014: Eric Garner

Date: 9 August 2014: Michael Brown

Date: 22 November 2014: Tamir Rice

Date: 3 February 2015: Natasha McKenna

Date: 4 April 2015: Walter Scott

Date: 19 July 2015: Samuel DeBase

Date: 7 August 2015: Christian Taylor

Date: 5 July 2016: Alton Sterling

Date: 6 July 2016: Philando Castile

Date: 18 March 2018: Stephon Clark

Date: 13 March 2020: Breonna Taylor

Date: 25 May 2020: George Floyd

Date: To Be Determined: Unknown

#BLACKLIVESMATTER.
#POCLIVESMATTER
I will NOT say 'All Lives Matter' because all lives cannot matter until black lives do.
✊🏿✊🏾✊🏽✊🏼✊🏻

It's so devastating, yet not surprising, that I had the above names written on this chapter while it was a draft about a week ago, and in the time that it took me to post this chapter, one of the 'To Be Determined' sections can already be filled.

12 June 2020: Rayshard Brooks

#GiveThemJustice.

Keep showing solidarity and standing up for our black brothers and sisters.
The white man's world has been systematically racist and abusing, torturing and murdering minorities for far too long.
May Allah swt protect you all and may He grant justice to all victims of oppression by punishing the wrongdoers and their supporters with the harshest of punishments in both worlds.
Ameen.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

- KING'S POV -

"A'ishah!?"

"Yes?!"

"Dinner's ready. Yallah." I placed the two bowls of chicken fettuccine that I had made onto the placemats besides the forks and cups of water before sitting down.

"Give me five minutes." She called back.

I rolled my eyes. Five minutes?

This would go cold by then.

I huffed and got back off the seat, walking down the hallway to the spare room, pushing open the parted door and seeing her sat down on the black leather couch, folding a basket of laundry with Quran being recited from her phone beside her.

"A'ishah, finish that later. The food's going to get cold."

"I'm coming, King. Just give me not even five minutes. I'm almost done." She retorted instead, gesturing towards the basket which was just less than half full.