53: Beth - Virtues of Having Children

watch the lecture in the media section inshaaAllah.

Important favour to ask of you guys at the end of this chapter - please read x

- A'ISHAH'S POV -

"A'ishah....A'ishah, wake up."

I flinched, blinking my eyes open groggily and turning around to look at King. He was sitting up in bed, his bedside lamp on as he held his mushaf on his lap.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, my eyes still half closed.

"I don't feel good, A'ishah. I can't sleep." He mumbled, making me push myself up to sit up properly and reach my hand out to touch his face, widening my eyes and sobering up instantly when I felt the sweat on his forehead spread onto my palm.

"Oh my God, King. You're burning. Why didn't you wake me up sooner?" I panicked, quickly getting off the bed and turning on the light. I went back to him and saw him sweating profusely.

I rushed to the bathroom to take out the first aid kit, pulling out the thermometer and going back to the room to check how high his temperature was. After the thermometer beeped, it read 42 degrees, making my eyes widen.

"King we have to go to the hospital. 42 degrees is dangerous." I told him, making him shake his head.

"I'm not going anywhere. Call the home doctor." He muttered, making me flush with worry.

Just by looking at his face I knew that he wasn't going to budge, no matter what I said. I could have told him he was going to die and he still wouldn't leave to the hospital.

Sighing in frustration, I went to the bathroom and turned on the shower head, making sure the water was lukewarm before putting the plug over the drain and letting the tub fill.

After going back to the room I took the mushaf off his lap and placed it onto the bedside table before peeling the covers off him. "Get up." I ordered quickly.

"I'm not going hospital." He mumbled, his words mixing together that I barely made out what he said.

"King, I know. I ran you a bath. Come on, please." I didn't know for how long his temperature had been this high and I had to try to lower it as soon as possible.

I linked my arm through his and helped him to the bathroom. His eyes were practically closed the whole way there and I barely managed to get him near the bath without my knees buckling from the heaviness of his body.

I peeled his shirt off quickly with his help since I wasn't tall enough to pull it off over his arms. After helping him take all his clothes off, I held his hand while he stepped into the bath and sat down, extending his legs ahead and leaning his head against the cool tiles, sighing in content.

I released a breath and put my hands on my hips, feeling like I had ran a marathon.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, gathering the bath water in my hand and slowly pouring it over his shoulders where the water obviously didn't reach.

"I'm okay." He mumbled slowly.

"I'm going to call the home doctor." I told him before leaving back to the bedroom and taking my phone off my bedside table, opening the app and putting in all the information to organise a visit from one of the doctors.

Waiting time of one hour. Great.

I took King a cool bottle of water and put the toilet seat down, sitting beside him and handing him the bottle as I held my phone in my hand, the thermometer in the other hand.