☾ chapter 1

It was my first day at Seoul Arts High School. After transferring from Saeran High School due to school violence, I felt that it was time for a new start.

Students attending Saeran High School tormented those who came from happy families. I was one of them. I was able to hide my true feelings by releasing my anger on innocent people. Of course I was regretful that they had to put up with being bullied. But I seriously couldn't help it.

My family wasn't always the happiest since a year ago. An incident that happened during lockdown changed everything. My perception of people had changed and I was not longer trusting anyone.

I was excited for a new start at a new school. Of course I couldn't casually just brush off my past because of my student records but I wanted to learn to give people a chance.

I casually walk along the corridor trying to find the teachers office. My eyes lingered around the halls, looking at various paintings that decorated the walls. Fascination increased until I finally came across the teachers office. I knocked hesitantly and then proceeded to enter the room.

When I entered, all eyes were on me and small snickers left the mouths of the students in the room. I held my head up high and scoffed as I approached a rather good-looking man in his mid-20s.

"Hi. My name is Na Jaerin and I've transferred from Saeran High School. I was told to come here to register for school," I spoke. Playing with my hands as I waited for a response.

"Hi there Jaerin. I'm Mr Kim and you'll  be assigned to my class so I'll be your homeroom teacher this year," he replied smiling, " if you just follow me, I'll introduce you to the rest of your classmates and I'll register you in a bit," He shot me a smile. I nodded and a small smile was planted onto my face. I followed him out of the teachers room and into my class.

I heard low giggling coming from the teachers room that we had just left. I heard a student say, " Hah! That must be her. The famous Na Jaerin. Famous for her bad reputation at Saeran High School for bullying students for her own pleasure. I bet she's going to bring her dirty habits here and ruin this school just like she did to the last one."

"Oh my-. I've also heard that she voluntarily sleeps around. Ugh! What a hoe!" replied a student.

I tried to brush off the comments about me. I know they were true but they didn't know the entire truth so I shouldn't allow it to get to my head. However the part about me sleeping around was a complete lie.

Mr Kim opened a door to a large, brightly-lit room. As I entered all eyes were on me. Everyone obediently went to their seats as Mr Kim spoke.

"Here's our new student Na Jaerin. I want everyone to get along with her and not spread false rumours about each other which haven't been clarified."

I think he had heard what the girls said back in the teachers office whilst we were leaving. He might of ignored it to make me feel less vulnerable or whatever.

They nodded and replied saying, " Yes, Mr Kim!"

Mr Kim turned to me and told me to introduce myself. I snapped out of my thoughts and began.

"Hi my name is Na Jaerin. I want to start fresh here so please don't bother me. If you piss me off I swear to god I'll make sure you don't survive the next 2 years of high school. "

The students stared wide eyed and Mr Kim pointed at the seat I was going to sit in for the rest of the year. As I walked towards my newly-assigned seat, I felt someone's stare piercing through my skin. I ignored it and sat in my seat.

I threw my head onto the desk and peacefully went into dreamland. I felt everyone's stares on me and gradually lifted my head. I was shocked. Everyone was gathered around my desk throwing questions at me as I rubbed my eyes open.

As I disregarded everyone's desperate questions, someone had caught my eye. He wasn't gathered around my desk like everyone else. He was different. Special maybe?

____________________________________

e d i t e d

Guysss it's my first book so pls don't judge. How was that for a first chapter? I know it's kinda long but it's I guess it's an slow approach to the coming chapters. This is gonna be one long book. I have so many ideas but I just don't know how to write them down. Oop- save me from future cringe.