☾ chapter 23

Why would he tell dad? What does dad want from me?

Jaemin broke down in front of me, fully knowing the consequences that this death threat would bring. I asked Taeyong to read out the letter to me so that I grip an understanding on what's going on so early in the morning:

To Jaerin,

I know where you are. There's no point in hiding from me anymore because I'm watching your every footstep. I have bodyguards and hidden photographers letting me know where you are, at what time and what what you're doing and who you are with.

You better watch your back before you end up like your birth mother... Also your so called brother isn't actually your brother. But if you come back to me then I'll explain everything to you.

Watch your back! I know you're at their base reading this at this very moment. I've hacked into their surveillance system and their main files so I will be updated on everything that you guys do.

Wooyoung told me that he saw you at the shopping centre and that you started hyperventilating. Hahaha how pathetic you looked.

When I get you in my arms once again I'm not letting you go ever. Better keep your eyes open whilst you're sleeping because I'll be watching you. I want you to come back before I get you myself and kill you with my bare hands.

From Dad.

Just seconds after I read the letter my phone started to ring. I knew who it was and I wasn't sure if I wanted to anger them first thing on the morning.

Everyone in the room watching as my phone buzzed on the counter. Their eyes going back and forth from me to the phone. I shivered, scared to see who was caller on my screen that was faced down.

Haechan approached my phone and answered the call when a voice spoke:

Dad is calling...

Haechan I don't call you. If I wanted to I could've but I didn't so why did you pick up? I know Jaerin is there so give the phone to her.

Haechan passed me phone, putting the call on speaker so that all the members could hear. I could breathing from the other side of the call and I anticipated.

Jaerin haha. He chuckled lowly. Why do you look so scared? Because I know where you are? Or that I'm always watching you? Or maybe I know everything you've done so far in that house? His chuckle slowly immersed to a cackle.

Jaemin...I know you're listening so you better listen carefully. I want Jaerin back by the end of the week or you and your gang will be facing some serious issues with me.

Haechan balled his hands into a fist, the colour white overtaking the pigmentation of his tanned skin.

Calm down Haechan. Or should I say Donghyuck. He continued. I know more about you than you know about yourself. You should also watch you back because your so-called 'lover' will be getting arranged marriage once I get my hands on her.

I whispered no.  Shaking my head, knowing what was to be coming in the next few days. I'll be going back to the abusive relationship that I had tried so hard to leave.