☾ chapter 19

The journey was short and uncomfortable. My eyes darted around the vehicle as the car finally can to a halt. Johnny and Mark opened the doors and left, leaving me sighing in the car for a moment. They knocked on the window, signalling to come out and that the surroundings were safe.

I took a deep breath and opened the door, the cold breeze brushing my skin and goosebumps dotted across my body.

I looked at the talk building that stood before me.

HJ Mall.

I gulped as I remembered the occasional financial fights my dad and this company had. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach, almost foreshadowing what was to come.

We had already been walking around for 3 hours, going in and out of countless shops. Johnny was carrying all of my clothes in numerous bags whilst Mark carried some food and made sure I don't go missing.

As we walked out of Zara, my eyes caught a familiar figure that stood by the lift. I squinted my eyes to get a better look but it was hopeless. Johnny realised that I noticed something and questioned, "Jaerin, what's wrong? Did you see someone you know?"

Words weren't forming and it felt uncomfortable to stand in the same place as him. My eyes were glued to him, watching his every move carefully in case he notices me.

I could hear Johnny repeatedly asking the same questions whilst shook my body back into reality.

Flashback

"Dad I don't want to marry him!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, straining my voice as tears ran down my face and I crumbled to the ground.

"Jaerin...it's for the better. You don't seem to do anything around here properly, you can't cook or clean like you're supposed to. You're a woman so learn to do your job properly and don't go sleeping around with random men like your mother. Ugh! Such a disgrace to this family." He tried to convince me but I couldn't give in.

A smile was planted on Wooyoung's face, indicating the evil playing in his mind. I heard footsteps approaching me and looked up to see Wooyoung gazing into my eyes, not lovingly but with pure lust. Disgust never left my eyes yet it was drowned in tears of betrayal.

My father knew that Wooyoung was the abusive type but he believes that Wooyoung is just shaping me into a better woman. However my father is no better than Wooyoung. He beat my mother until she was on the verge of death, allowing his 10 year old daughter to experience abuse first hand. My mum being the idiot she is still decided to stay with him and love him unconditionally. That was her mistake from the start.

My mother has now become a person who can't stand up for herself, the abuse must've really got to her. But I don't want to be like my mum, someone who has been emotionally drained by the people that should care most about her.

Wooyoung bent down to meet my eye level and then moved closer to my ear. "Baby girl you ain't going nowhere," he whispered seductively, leaving me in shock as my mouth hung wide open due to the anger I felt in that moment.

"I'm not going to marry a whore like you," I spat on his face in disgust.

Anger washed over me as I looked deeply into my mum's eyes, waiting for her disapproval. Hopeless I was to think she'd disagree.

I stood up and slapped Wooyoung across the face, imprinting a red hand onto his soft skin. Hopefully it'd bruise real bad. I ran upstairs and into my door, locking the door and leaping into my bed in anger. I stuffed the pillow in my face as I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping it would release some anger.

After a few seconds I burst into tears, knowing that my life was practically controlled by two freaks–dad and Wooyoung.

"If you run I'm going to make sure I find you and kill you with my bare hands" he said through the door, followed by a chuckle.

Present

I stood frozen in the same position for quite a while. Before he turned around I lowered my gaze and quickly turned to face Mark and Johnny who looked at me concerned.

My body started shaking as the memories that I buried deep within me about my family stared to resurface.

Mark took me back to the car as Johnny placed all my bought items into the boot. My body was still shocked from his appearance and the bruises that once covered my entire body felt almost visible again.

He's going to come for me and kill me.
____________________________________

u n e d i t e d

Ayo guys 👋 I don't really plan my stories and just go with the flow so let's see what going to go down in the mall 😏😉

Thank you guys 🥰 Don't forget to vote and comment ;)