☾ chapter 16

Donghyuck's POV

I rushed over to her. My once sleepy body switching to a concerned one. My eyes shot open and lifted her, pushing Jaemin out of my way.

"Move!"I spoke, utter concern held in my eyes. Jaemin stood there wide-eyed at the tone of my voice.

I carried Jaerin bridal style to her room. My room. I softly laid her down on the bed, carefully not trying to increase her migraines. Her small hands wrapped around her head as she struggled to form sentences.

"Thank...you..." she whispered out, struggling to speak but managed to force out some words of kindness.

I replied "anytime". My soft voice calming her down.

I went to the bathroom to grab a towel and a bowl of lukewarm water. When I returned to the room, her restless body laid on the bed spread out. Calmness taking over her body.

Cute

I kneeled, my hard floors digging into the skin of my knees. I dipped the towel into the medium sized bowl, fully soaking it and then wrung it to release the excess water. I leaned closer to her face. It was pale, colourless. She looked lifeless but I'm happy she was finally at peace.

I slowly placed the damp towel onto her forehead. The moment it came in contact with her forehead, she moved, her back now facing me. But nevertheless I continued anyways.

I stayed up all night changing the towels and lightly dabbing the damp towel on her head. When she wakes up her migraines will be reduced hopefully.

My eyes were starting to flutter closed. I tried hard to stay awake, admiring her beauty as I overthought about how she's forgotten about me. Every moment with her felt so surreal, it felt good.

Before long I could hear her soft snores as she entered dreamland. She must've had a hard day today.

Not long later, I joined her in dreamland. I continued sleeping on the ground. (A/N lmao did I just- on the ground )

The shone in my face. The warmth waking me up as my back ached from the position I slept in. I hadn't moved. Still kneeling on the floor, arms spread across the bed as I held the once damp towel in my hand.

I felt around for my phone, eyes half opened and half closed as a small yawn left the entrance of my mouth. My eyes shot opened as I felt subtle movements coming from Jaerin. My heart palpitated, nervousness fully running through my veins.

My phone finally in contact with my hand. I lifted it up as I squinted my eyes due to the brightness of the screen. The clock struck 11:00 am. The sun was wide awake, waking me up and slowly Jaerin too.

I slowly left the premises of her room and made my way back to my new room. The couch. I grin was plastered across my face as I jumped onto the couch as the coldness stung my spine.

I soon fell back asleep and made my way back into dreamland.

<time skip>

When I woke up again, the clock struck 1:00pm. Today was going to be my first mission in ages. My last mission resulted me in a 3 month recovery so I had to train everyday for the last year now until Taeyong thought I was ready again.

Flashback

"Shoot Haechan!Now" screamed Taeyong, using up all his long energy and his last breath.

I stood there hesitating to shoot since it was my first ever mission. Since I stalked for so long the enemy took this chance to shoot my thigh, blood gushing out like an endless waterfall.

Tears rolled down my face as I gripped my thigh with the rest of my energy. I limped to the emergency escape car. Johnny sat in the front seat and immediately drove off as he saw the pain I was in. It was my first mission anyways. I was scarred to shoot even after those endless training sessions.

Present

I had to prepare myself for my first mission in a long time. I went to the bathroom to wash up. 30 minutes later I finished my shower and left the bathroom.

I went to the kitchen to find something to eat until I realised I hadn't seen Jaerin all morning. I took small steps towards her room and carefully turned the knob to see her small body still snuggling against the covers of the bed. I small smile was visible on my face until I heard someone clearing their throat.

I turned my head around, immediately in shock. In front of me stood Jaehyun. He stood watching my every movement as he smirked. I cleared my throat and ran back to the kitchen to finish my food.

I went to the base to practice my fighting, making sure I wasn't stiff or anything since I haven't really trained after the incident.

After 3 hours of training I checked my phone. No notifications. I made my way back to the dorms, avoiding contact with anyone who could possibly recognise me. The clock struck 5:00pm. I sighed as my tired body was in for a surprise later.

When I reached the dorms I received a text.

Get ready in half an hour. We're gna leave
– Taeyong

I took a deep breath as I went to Jeno and Jaemin's shared room to ready myself. I wore a back turtle neck with black ripped jeans. Silver chains of course to spice up the fit, as well as a watch that fit perfectly around my wrist.

I admired my beauty in the mirror and chuckled. I could hear faint footsteps approaching the room. I whipped my head around to see Jaerin peeking through the crack of the door. I looked at her and nodded, hinting that she could enter.

She opened the door wider and sat on the bed. She watched me as I sprayed perfume before I set off for my mission.

"Where are you going?" She questioned.

"Erm...for a mission" I replied, confused to why she would ask.

"Oh. What are you going to do there?"

"I don't know yet but I'll know once we're all in the car"

"Who's we?"

"Taeyong hyung, Johnny hyung, Jaehyun hyung, Yuta hyung and me"

She replied with an 'oh' and I nodded.

The clock struck 5:30pm and I was ready to leave for the mission. I heard a knock on the door followed by Taeyong's voice. "Come down we're leaving now!" He shouted, making me aware that we're going to depart soon.

I glanced at Jaerin and she smiled. "See you later?" She said, almost questioning herself.

I hummed.

I was nervous because it's been so long since my last mission. I was injured badly from the impact of the gunshot. I took a deep breath and went downstairs where Taeyong stood at the door with the others, waiting for my arrival.

"Good luck. Make sure you don't repeat last times injuries" Taeyong firmly stated. I nodded and we left the dorms and made our way to the car.
____________________________________

u n e d i t e d

This was to make up for the short chapter last time 😁 hope you enjoy 😉
Don't forget to comment and vote 😏