☾ chapter 12

The night was rough. I kept twisting and turning around. I couldn't sleep. Not with Jaerin soundly sleeping beside me at least.

After some time of realising I couldn't fall asleep, I groaned in discomfort and quietly removed my arm from my waist as slowly as possible, trying not to wake her up. After countless attempts of removing her arm just for her to slam it back in place, I gave up.

I laid on my back facing the ceiling as I heard distant squeaking of the floorboards. It must be one of the boys. I thought to myself. Wait....but aren't they asleep. My head immediately turned to Jaerin. She slept with her mouth slightly agape as soft snores left her mouth. Her arm secured around around my waist, as her head was buried deep into my chest.

My heart pounded. If she was awake I swear to god she would've heard it and it would be soooo embarrassing.

The footsteps outside the room became slower but didn't fade away. I quickly pushed Jaerin's arm away from my waist and placed her head back into the pillow, trying to not wake her up. I grabbed my spare gun that I always leave under the bed and quietly moved towards the door.

The back faced the door as my hand slowly turned the knob, my heard turned to the right as I would occasionally glance back at the sleeping Jaerin.

I remembered that the last time an intruder entered, Jaerin didn't take it very well.

I turned my heels to face the door to leave the premises of my room. I peeked my head out of the door to see a familiar figure rummaging through our files and entering random rooms. My voice got caught up in my throat.

I took a deep breath and sighed. I glanced back at Jaerin and back at the figure constantly. Until I finally made up my mind to quietly walk over to him and put a gun to his head.

I took quick but quiet steps in order to not alarm the man. The creaking floorboards betrayed me and the man turned around as a smirk was planted on his face. I squinted my eyes as they familiarised themselves with the now known man in front of them. I quickly placed the gun in my back pocket.

A gasp left my mouth.

"Hey there Haechan," the man spoke, "do you not remember me? Or would you like me to remind you?"

"Uh- um- well-" my voice was croaky, leaving the man hysterically laughing.

His eyes pierced my skin and his footsteps grew closer and closer to me. My eyes laid fixated at the floor and I prayed Jaerin would make no sound whatsoever.

"Why won't you look at me Haechan? It's me Juyeon." He smirked once again.

His hand reached over for my face and lifted it up with his index finger. My eyes met his fierce ones which stared into my soul. My breath hitched at the back of my throat as he smirked at my visual fear.

Author's POV

Juyeon...a malicious member of The Boyz, Korea's most hated group, known for their major amounts of killing innocent citizens. His ruthless killings have made million scared of him. When he's jealous he'll get what he desires. And when he wants something, he won't stop till he gets it. And that is...Jaerin.

Many people know about Jaerin and want her. But only very few can obtain her. She could be worth millions because of her rich background and future.

<time skip>
Donghyuck's POV

I heard Jaerin moving around in the room. Her constant groaning because of discomfort. I shut my eyes knowing that she'll be caught in my room. Juyeon's eyes didn't seem to leave the view of my half opened bedroom door.

I took a deep breath and sighed. I suddenly remembered that I had placed the gun in my back pocket. I steadily reached for the gun and pointed it at Juyeon's chest. One shot and he'll be dead. He felt the hard front of the gun digging into his chest as he gripped my wrist tightly.

I grabbed his wrist with my free hand and threw him onto the floor. He groaned as I heard the other members stepping foot onto a scene they wished they hadn't had come across.

Lee Juyeon.
____________________________________

u n e d i t e d

Woah-
Juyeon lmao what are you doing? 🙄✋