☾ chapter 21

Present

Johnny drove the car back to the base as Mark tried countless things to comfort me. Nothing could calm me down as tears streamed down my face, making my eyes glisten due to the tears.

20 minutes in the car and we were in traffic. My breathing became even more inconsistent that it already was. My body shook in Mark's hold as he rubbed my back to try and get me to calm down.

After being stuck in traffic for another 15 minutes we were finally at home. I was drained from the walking and abundant amounts of tears that left my eyes. Johnny carried me from the car all the way back to the house as Mark parked the car and joined us.

I could feel myself being lifted from place to place until my body came in contact with something warm. It felt cosy and almost comforting but I wouldn't dare open my eyes as I was almost of the verge of falling asleep.

I still felt myself moving around the room, possibly in circles as the unknown person rubbed my back, comforting me. His sweet scent filled my nostrils and I almost fell asleep.

Before long I was already dozing off in the arms of a stranger.

<time skip>

My eyes slowly opened after the sufficient amount of sleep I received. I heard soft snores fill the room and the familiar sweet scent I inhaled yesterday lingered around.

I felt an arm wrapped around my waist tightly; I tried to lift his arm so that I could get a clear view of who it was but failed terribly as he held on tighter, resting his head in the crook of my neck. I decided to just continue sleeping and find out who it is later.

Once I had opened my eyes after another round of sleeping, I felt around the bed and there was nothing. Was I imagining before? It was a bit too...sketchy to have been an imagination. Ugh I never got to know who it was.

I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower and changed, making my way to the kitchen. Most of them sat around the table and the others sat in the living room. Taeyong must've waited until I joined them so that I can eat too after feeling uneasy yesterday.

I sat down at the table, my weak body taking over me. "Jaerin you're going to start training from tomorrow so you can learn how to defend yourself" said Taeyong, lowly.

I gulped knowing that Johnny or Mark or both told him when I was resting. I slowly nodded my head, still sleepy.

I finished eating so I got up to wash my plate but Taeyong insisted I go and rest but I decided to look for Haechan. I searched the place top to bottom, thoroughly checking every inch and corner of every room. He must've gone out or something.

"He went for a mission" Mark smirked. I nodded and went back to my room, ignoring the fact that Mark just smirked but I couldn't be bothered to do anything about it.

I laid in my bed all day, waiting for Haechan to come back. It seemed to get darker and darker outside so I started to get worried. I stared at the bruises on my arm, they were visually not there but I was hallucinating.

My breathing started quickening until he walked through the doors. I didn't hear him enter the house nor the room but I felt two arms engulf me in a hug to calm me down, rubbing my back as the same sweet scent lingered, calming me.

Tears painted my delicate features and he reached out his thumb to wipe the tears. I felt my weak body starting to get tired from the exhaustion. "It's okay, fall asleep in my arms" his deep voice echoed in my ears. I smiled and drifted back to sleep. (A/N omg omg omg lmao I laughed whilst writing that 😳 sorry )

I woke up to the sound out birds chirping and the feeling of someone shuffling. I got out of bed checked to see if Haechan was awake, I shifted the hair that covered his eyes so his eyes were more visible. His tanned skin glistened in the sun. I leaned forward to give him a small peck on his temple, as I moved away I noticed a small smirk on his face and lightly hit his chest from embarrassment.

"When did you even wake up?" I was oblivious to the fact that he was awake.

"I woke up an hour ago but I wanted to watch you sleep but then I heard you getting up so I pretended to sleep." He smiled.

"Creepy much. Don't you think?" I laughed.

"How was I supposed to know you were going to kiss me, huh?" I just laughed hysterically, lightly hitting his chest, living the moment.

We both went out to eat breakfast after having a shower and brushing out teeth. When I left the room Jaemin watched me, he seemed almost angry. It's must've been that I only ate one meal yesterday and he didn't seem pleased.
____________________________________

u n e d i t e d

I had to rush this chapter cus I'm late for school lmao 😂